Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
3,789 Posts
It looks like a nice car but it’s missing things that made the V2& V3 feel special & unique and something that I couldn’t really get from anyone else. Yes it’s less money than the competitors but buyers in this class won’t even give this a look. And it’s too much car for your average Cadillac buyer. Lastly no one but the few here want a car. Given the discounts I’m seeing it’s doesn’t look like it’s selling very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Went to the dealer yesterday with the Mrs. as we have a lease ending soon and she said, "do you want to look a the new caddy?" I almost fell on the floor.... Of we go and when we get there it's closed. Hmmm. There was x1 CT6-V on the lot as I saw it when I drove by last week and the website showed it was there. Could not find it. Walked the lot did not see it or any 19 -V's. Actually the inventory was mostly SUV's and I was rather disappointed.

CT6-V there is plenty of inventory on line for a car that is supposed to be limited.

Looked at the CT5 and was not impressed at all. She said the SUV's look like Honda's and I have to agree.

Sad to see the lineup, Caddy has really lost it's way and I would hate to be a salesman working in a caddy dealership. Talk about a lineup that is all over the map, low end models, limited inventory and flagship nowhere to be seen. Hate to be Debbie Downer but WTF?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a similar impression. I had an XT4, 5, and 6 as loaner cars and honestly the XT6 was the only one that looked and felt like a Cadillac. The others I feel like you're paying more for the badge than the content. I like the styling of the XT6 but I still feel the price point is too high for what you get. The sales rep was showing me the CT5 and we both agreed it was boring (he has an 18V). When my V3 is gone, I'm probably not getting back into another Cadi for a while unless something comes out that really wows me. Too much money for just not enough car, IMO.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Have to agree that caddy dealers dont have what many of us are looking for. However over the. Real this came into the neighborhood after some searching. Got my neighbor who is good friend and he is in love. Came from a XTS but also had a stock v2 and Escalade. I got a chance to check it out and will get more in depth soon.

Interior is nice. Similar to a new v3 but more room obviously and one thing that stood out was the new speaker in the dash . The stock Bose was the best I've heard. The exhaust note is unique no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Had a chance to check out the Champ today.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
A few more

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the chance to drive one...no thanks, it ain't a real V....underbraked, less steering feel and actually, in some details, the fit and finish is worse than our V3....I feel the engine still needs more development as well.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I feel the engine still needs more development as well.
How dare you say that about the internet's favorite Cadillac engine that everyone wants to see used in all these other things instead of them using LT-based supercharged engines.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I did noticed in the 2020 Cadillac the radio can play without the keys near the car.

·
3,789 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Kristen Lee should mucn on a bag of dicks laced with Coronavirus. Jalopnik is the worst when writing about american cars and frankly it's exhausting. Go back 10 years and they state that GM (Caddy) should be more like the Europeans, they do it, cars don't sell and then they say not good enough. She should stick to writing about drifting and Honda Accords.

In other news Ray Donovan got cancelled, so we won't be seeing the bat come out of the CT6-V trunk any more and that is fucking embarrassing.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #239

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This thread made me do a shoe inventory. It’s been over a year since I’ve purchased shoes. Got some new ones; happy V Day to me.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

221 - 240 of 249 Posts