Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
OMG. I just can’t believe these people. Whatever happened to the idea of committing to something and sticking with it?

I personally think they should have kept the names, stop trying to be European. You’re not European, your customers aren’t European, and your currency isn’t European.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think I'm going to buy one next and see how fast we can make it. I'm ready for something new
There are two up here at Ed Morse in Bradenton....but they're out there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Crazy, typical engine development program $250-$400 million and they just shelve it after building ~600 total vehicles for 2019/2020

This has to also just kill any aftermarket dev work for these too. Like, if I'm a shop, the market is just too small to make any real investment of time and energy into developing parts for them.

This is actually one of the reasons I think BMW has been really smart. They're putting their hot V TT v8 in everything.

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
They say this now, but there was to much money spent on R&D to shelve this engine. I will place my bet that it finds its way into other platforms. They would also sell a significant number in the crate engine market.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
They say this now, but there was to much money spent on R&D to shelve this engine. I will place my bet that it finds its way into other platforms. They would also sell a significant number in the crate engine market.
It HAS to at least make it into the Escalade.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It has no plans. It was going in the Elmiraj before that got canned but that still wouldn't have given it any real volume. It has never been planned for anything else beyond the Omega platform. The wrong engine at the wrong time, really. Maybe it could have had life if not for the change in direction to electric? I'm not sure. Maybe they thought they would get more power out of it and it would be more useful? Maybe just other issues deemed it to be not worth fucking with in other forms?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I hate the CT# names, but for fucks sake, you gotta stick with something.

Makes it easy on us calling CTSVs V1, V2, V3 though since it ensures that for another 10 years they will still be the only V series name plate to live for more than 1 generation.

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
That was quick, used Certified CT6 V Blackwing on Ebay, 1200 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts

·
3,796 Posts
I wasn’t really sure what was going on at the beginning and keep in mind one is Canadian and the other is from England ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
So pissed at Cadillac for how they are handling their company and cars these days. I put a deposit down in January for the CT6 V and in November they still couldn't tell me when my car would arrive. I got my deposit back and bought this: (2012 with 5,400 miles.)
20191115_161553.jpg
(I'm more passionate about wagons, anyway.)

·
3,796 Posts
So pissed at Cadillac for how they are handling their company and cars these days. I put a deposit down in January for the CT6 V and in November they still couldn't tell me when my car would arrive. I got my deposit back and bought this: (2012 with 5,400 miles.) View attachment 143273 (I'm more passionate about wagons, anyway.)
Wow what a car and an incredible find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
The car is the tits, hopefully they won't be scooped up by garage collectors to be sold every two years at barrett or mecum. Biggest take away for me is the motor and chassis, the all wheel steering will create an oversteer which I like especially if you know how to use the throttle. Interior looks to be light years ahead of my Wagon but still not on par with the top line models. That I can live with. They didn't say what size wheels, in the review which I found some of the basic information lacking such as weight, length, trunk space, boost in each mode and the effects, i could go on.

They did a decent job for the layman, I would be interested in more stats, youtubers gonna youtube. Do any of the youtube generation shave or wear shirts that tuck in? Am I turning into my father?

I really like this car!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
The car is the tits, hopefully they won't be scooped up by garage collectors to be sold every two years at barrett or mecum. Biggest take away for me is the motor and chassis, the all wheel steering will create an oversteer which I like especially if you know how to use the throttle. Interior looks to be light years ahead of my Wagon but still not on par with the top line models. That I can live with. They didn't say what size wheels, in the review which I found some of the basic information lacking such as weight, length, trunk space, boost in each mode and the effects, i could go on.

They did a decent job for the layman, I would be interested in more stats, youtubers gonna youtube. Do any of the youtube generation shave or wear shirts that tuck in? Am I turning into my father?

I really like this car!
I really like this car also. It is just a shame that Cadillac management can't be as impressive as their engineering is. I think this car will have a fate/value similar to the STS-V.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts