Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not a big fan of that front end, just looks off.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
It needs a lower front clip so that it doesn't look like it's a 4x4. The ass end needs a rework as well.

Actually, to hell with it, not a fan of any angle TBH.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yeah clearly this thing isn't track-focused. It's just a fast luxury boat, which is fine. Kinda seems like it should have remained a V-sport, though. Hopefully the CT5-V will be a proper successor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, this isn't meant to be like the CTS-V, nor the M5/RS6. Its meant to compete with the AMG S class and Audi S8. A fast luxury car. I think the CT4/CT5-V will be more in line with the audience on this board.

·
3,879 Posts
If the motor responds the same way the LF4 did with a tune and a couple boltons this thing could be a monster. If a I recall 600whp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
If the motor responds the same way the LF4 did with a tune and a couple boltons this thing could be a monster. If a I recall 600whp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think people were seeing closer to 570 on average with intakes, downpipes, fuel cam upgrade, and tune, but yeah 600 was hit by a few with some tricks. A TT v8 should be able to pump out 650+ no problem if they didn't put tiny snails on it.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I like it. I could see myself leasing one at a quasi-reasonable price as a daily driver. My current daily driver lease ends in 19 months, so we’ll see whether this car is still on my radar then.

·
Registered
321 Posts
the part that is important is this "The sandcast aluminum block is a clean-sheet design, according to Cadillac, and it is fitted with a 10-quart sump, cross-bolted main bearing caps, a forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods, pistons from Mahle, and 5000-plus-psi direct fuel injection. The compression ratio is 9.8:1. The exhaust manifolds are integrated with the hot side of the turbo housings, which encase titanium turbine wheels spinning at up to 170,000 rpm while pressurizing the intake manifolds with as much as 20.0 psi of boost."

I would love to see just putting the car on E85 and see how much power it picks up!

The want for one is super bad!

also very interesting
"The front axle runs through the oil pan, ensuring the engine is mounted mostly behind the axle line for optimal weight distribution. While Cadillac’s representatives won’t talk about future product, they made it clear to us that there is potential left untapped in the engine to make an even more powerful version."

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It's starting to look to much like a Cadillac for my tastes. My V being Unbadged doesn't have a particular brand look & gets the most unusual stares from people trying to figure out what it is. Some just walk away with a shrug of the shoulders not being able to tell what the V is ...

·
3,879 Posts
I’m sure it’s going to a nice car, the CTS V-Sport I had was a great car. The CT6 is just too big for me. I also have no interest in all the automated driving tech save for blind spot and emergency braking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nothing wrong with a big fast boat but I agree the looks are off-putting. I had not seen a GM 4.2 TT yet. Having recently tried out a 3.6L ATS-V, I couldn't deal with the sound of the 6 after coming from my V.

I am most anxious for some time to pass, to see how this current generation of smaller CC turbos fare in the long run. An un-abused LS powertrain is surely as reliable as any of my Honda Accords* or any of the Buick winter beaters I've owned with those indestructible 3.8L motors

* 250K miles + and still DD reliable, while the rest of the actual car is falling apart.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts