Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dam! good run! any mods? I have a stock A8 H/C Charger now and would hate to run across a ZL1 A10 if that thing is stock!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Those cars are pretty close stock.

The biggest issue with the HCs are that they have trouble putting the power down (of course, weight too). GM has done a god job putting power to the ground and balancing the cars really well. The new Zl1 does it all. Now, if they can just make it easier for the driver to see. I test drove one when I was shopping for the Mustang and just couldn’t bring myself to get a Z28 at the time because of how poor the view is from the driver’s seat. Has that been improved at all?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now, if they can just make it easier for the driver to see. I test drove one when I was shopping for the Mustang and just couldn’t bring myself to get a Z28 at the time because of how poor the view is from the driver’s seat. Has that been improved at all?
I don't have a problem with the vision, but my head is nearly touching the roof, I wonder if shorter drivers find it hard to see out of.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Lower Pulley, ARH headers, catless, Weapon X tune and CAI.
great run, what kind of power does your car make now with those mods?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Was the mopar modded with the optional anchor? Nice run.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I too have found the late model Camaro very difficult to see out of. Its not to the point that it would be impossible to drive, it just feels funny to me all sunken down in it. I am not a tall person, but I have heard the same from taller people. There is a lot of dash and hood to see over!

I don't know that it would discourage me from buying one if I really wanted one. I like the new ZL1 quite a bit. Like the hellcat, slower or not it would be hard not to get a manual. I really miss rowing gears. At this point in my life though, I don't know that I can live without AWD.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Those cars are pretty close stock.

The biggest issue with the HCs are that they have trouble putting the power down (of course, weight too). GM has done a god job putting power to the ground and balancing the cars really well. The new Zl1 does it all. Now, if they can just make it easier for the driver to see. I test drove one when I was shopping for the Mustang and just couldn’t bring myself to get a Z28 at the time because of how poor the view is from the driver’s seat. Has that been improved at all?
Totally agree. Rented a Camaro and didn't like the sight lines at all. But my buddy loves his.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Once you get used to the view, it's a non-issue. I know when I first drove my 5th Gen the view was cave-like, but then again my DD was a '06 Honda Pilot, a freakin lookout tower in comparison.

Nice win BTW!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Nice win. A ZL1 is very tempting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice win. A ZL1 is very tempting.
I couldn’t get passed the sight issue on a Z28, but I think I would ignore that for a Zl1. It’s such an incredible car. My HC was really cool. It was balls to the wall and in your face loud and comfortable as a DD, but that’s about where it ended. It felt heavy when you start pushing it while driving spirited in the turns. In fact, I finally switched over to DRs and stopped spirited driving on the curves completely. It made me appreciate good handling and lights cars a LOT more. The Zl1 does all of that, save for maybe being as comfortable. It’s maybe the ONLY compromise if you want a true performance car.

In my CTS-V now and not looking back. Not as fast, but been there, done that, I want the whole experience now.

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts