Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took delivery of a CPO 18 V white. recaros. no sun roof. carbon package.

Week later while yielding to pedestrians at a cross walk in a right hand turn lane to turn right (green light) I get side swiped by dumbass. Her story was terrible and although I was stopped she drove into the V and then had to back off of it.

Less than 200 miles on the car I already have fouled title, I will be going after her/insurance for diminishing value - I hope this works.

New fender, headlight, bumper cover, carbon splitter, fog light led strip and a couple small things to bring it back to par.

I am so pissed and to top it off she is 100% unresponsive to her insurance and I have all of her documents, I am paying out of pocket to get my car back 100% ASAP. I will say that I was referred from local cadillac dealer to an autobody they use and they have been awesome so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thankfully it’s minimal, but F*CK that sucks! Hope everything works out for you man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
This blows!

The first scratch is the most painful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had about 8 sports cars and none of them for hit. I can't believe this. Also sucks I did nothing wrong.

Silver lining is maybe the bumper and splitter will look brand new and not have minor rock chips.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel your pain. I bought my '19 new and I got rear ended at a stop light with 300 miles on it, still had the paper tags. No major/structural damage, just had to replace the carbon diffuser and rear bumper but that still shows up as an accident on carfax.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
You shouldn't be out of pocket more than your deductible, which your insurance will reimburse you for once they collect from the dingus's insurance.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
id be pissed about the branded title now. definately consult with diminshed value claim (tri Texan did this a while back) but they will fight insurance for the loss of resale value.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
Honestly just cosmetic damage, should be very easy to explain if anyone were to ask,

You don’t have a branded/salvaged title, just will show on a carfax.

Tri’s was a significant structural accident with bag deployments.

It’s not like the branded title V academy cars, those cars were thrashed which is far worse then a fender and repaint.

Reactions: rpw1690

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree but I'm still going in full attack mode worst case is deductable.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
It’s not like the branded title V academy cars, those cars were thrashed which is far worse then a fender and repaint.

To the OP, if there were two identical cars sitting side by side for sale, the one with no accident would sell first and bring more money. Definitely go for a diminished value.

Larry, As an owner of a "thrashed V academy car", this hurts. My car wasn't thrashed. The V Academy cars were driven on race tracks with an instructor in the right seat guiding potential buyers around the track. I guarantee that me drag racing my car with 700-900 horsepower is far more abusive than what was dished out in my cars first couple of thousands of miles . I'm at 60,000 miles now and have had zero issues with my car that sits over 700hp on motor.

My title says salvage / rebuilt and will make selling more difficult. But....I got a great deal on the purchase and can offer a discount when it comes time to sell. Most buyers would look at a V academy car with original paint, no accidents and understand the difference between a totaled car with a salvaged title and one that was uniquely titled.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Hot Rod I agree on the V acadamy cars. They are not trashed that bad as most people when n track over use the brakes and tires. You got a nicw deal.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
Hotrod,

Perhaps thrashed was a little harsh, my point was simply that the OP’s accident would not show branded like the academy cars.

Fairly recently, I swear I saw academy car for sale that was marketed as a rare desirable option.

Agree they were a great deal, as long as all parties are aware.

·
Premium Member
15,271 Posts
Sorry OP.

Not nearly the same but I special ordered my Wagon and babied the shit out of it. I even made my wife park one slot over from the end of the lot at work so I could park in a "protected area." :D

I even had the two bucket system for regular washes and two microfiber mits - one for the body and one for the wheels.

After the third wash, my microfiber wheel mit came apart - interestingly it was a steel blade wrapped in cardboard with the microfiber outer shell and gouged the fuck out of two wheels before I noticed it. A week after that some lady shopping carted my hood.

Did I mention my Wagon fell off the dyno this year?

Yeah...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Hotrod,

Perhaps thrashed was a little harsh, my point was simply that the OP’s accident would not show branded like the academy cars.

I believe CarFax will report the accident on it's report by saying minor front end collision or damage. I have heard some complaints that the reports are incorrect and can omit accidents or make them worse.

As a buyer looking for a car there are many options especially when you expand out to 500 miles away or more. When I have found a car and start really looking hard at it, any accident is a turn off. I suspect most buyers would skip past spending 40-60k on a used car with a history. In the heat of the moment, standing at a dealership after an exhilarating test drive may not matter. But for an initial search I would weed an accident vehicle out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope her carrier makes right for you.. Never ceases to amaze me, how there are so many clueless/distracted drivers. Nearly got side swiped yesterday, due to some idiot kid texting, he was 2' over in my lane. Need to get an APC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update - Car is at the best high end shop recommended by local Caddy dealership and is awaiting approval from my insurance adjuster. Finally got word from the other drivers insurance and she did in fact admit fault which is human of her.

Probably looking at some dash cams or always on cameras, does anyone have any on their V3's and have any input? Starting a new thread for more discussion.

Thanks all for the support, it took a lot to not go nuts on this lady but things happen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts