Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, might be time to see the dream realized. Have had it in my head that I'd be a V-Wagon owner, and that day might be here sooner rather than later. I consider myself a car guy - have had WRX, WRX-STI, 'Vette GS, Lotus Elise. All of them manuals. And next up is the V-Wagon.

I'm interested in a 6-speed manual wagon. I'm going to drive it regularly, so buying a pristine low-mileage example doesn't make much sense. I have a preference for moonroofs due to the added natural light, so despite the bad rap they get, I want one. Want to keep things simple, so interested in stock or mostly stock. And that's basically it - wagon, manual, moonroof, mostly stock, and not a million dollars.

I've been looking at classifieds for a few weeks now. Looks like I missed some wagons on BaT late last year. And some of them were the "investment vehicle" variety that aren't a match for me. Others I see available now are all automatic, which is not of interest. I'm going to keep perusing the classifieds. Thought I'd see if any folks on here who've had their V-Wagons for some time and maybe this gives them a push to get their next vehicle.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What you wanting to pay? Because you're probably looking north of $65k for any manual wagon.

Reactions: random84 and prdnme

·
Dick Pickles
5,972 Posts
I think at this point in the M6 Wagons life, they have all become some type of investment grade and the price shows. High mileage will just be a little cheaper than a low mileage one, but certainly not cheap. M6 Wagons seem to be getting harder and harder to come by. You say you are a “manual” guy, but for a daily, I certainly would not ignore a good deal on an A6 Wagon. I daily and A4 wagon (Scion Xb :unsure::ROFLMAO:).

With all of that said, good luck!! I hope you find your jewel.(y)

·
Registered
933 Posts
You can certainly get what you are looking for at a price of less than 65k. But even with 75k or more miles a manual wagon is going to be over $40k. 50k-ish miles would generally put you in the $50-60k range from my observation.

The problem you'll find in finding one is that the demand is high and the supply is low. Lower priced ones regardless of miles are going to sell FAST. If you really want one you need to be patient and persistent while searching regularly. Be ready to jump on one that comes up quickly. If you're wishy washy and sleep on it it'll be gone.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The thing you are in luck on is you are looking for the more common options as far as manual wagons go. The pano roof is by far the more common option so that shouldn't eliminate many cars that pop up that meet whatever your pricing and mileage criteria are. You made no mention of things like color which, is good. I see people out there with a list of options that they have to have and they're looking for something that there are only 5 of. That's a waste of time. Hell, there are probably people with a shopping list that has them looking for a car that never got built, haha. At least with manual and sunroof you're looking for something that there are more than 300 of.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are all great points, and generally match with my research and findings.

On BaT, they give you a history of prior sales. Below is a table of V-wagon sales in 2020-2021

TransmissionDate soldPriceMilesOther comments
Auto2/11/2138,00064,xxxMods
Auto1/15/2165,00016,xxxLow miles
Manual12/16/2069,00021,xxxOBM; low miles
Manual11/17/2051,00060,xxxHigher miles
Manual11/9/2067,00023,xxxLow miles
Manual10/23/2056,25037,xxx
Manual8/18/2055,00056,xxxHigher miles
Manual9/30/2089,50011,768OBM; low miles
Auto10/16/2049,0009,400Low miles; red
Auto2/3/2037,50058,xxxHigher miles
Auto7/9/2039,99945,xxx
Manual6/22/2060,00021,xxxLow miles, mods
Manual5/21/2051,50052,xxxLingenfelter
Manual5/1/2058,00029,xxx
Auto3/10/2044,75039,xxx
Manual3/5/2064,50014,xxxLow miles
Auto2/18/2035,00063,xxx“30 pages of srvc records” (???)
Auto3/3/2050,50031,xxxMods
Auto2/25/2033,25091,xxxHigh miles; repaired damage

Search for "cts-v wagon"

A simple average of the manuals is ~$62K, or ~$59K without that $89.5K OBM unicorn. The three higher-mileage ones average to ~$52.5K.

Net-net, I think I understand what the prices of these things get to. Based on the BaT values from last 14 months, I'm probably thinking something on the below-average side on price. And I recognize that the way to achieve that is higher miles, which is fine. The point around supply-and-demand is a great one, and that will likely be a constraint on things. Let's see what materializes over time.

·
Dick Pickles
5,972 Posts
I enjoy it when someone looking to purchase a unique vehicle actually does their own research and comes to a realization that actually meets reality.
Good luck in your search and this community is here to help.(y)

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,598 Posts
I enjoy it when someone looking to purchase a unique vehicle actually does their own research and comes to a realization that actually meets reality.
Good luck in your search and this community is here to help.(y)
And he’s been a member here for almost five years! Great to see indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I would joke about selling mine, but I don't really want to sell it

And it doesn't have a sunroof!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
These are all great points, and generally match with my research and findings.

On BaT, they give you a history of prior sales. Below is a table of V-wagon sales in 2020-2021

TransmissionDate soldPriceMilesOther comments
Auto2/11/2138,00064,xxxMods
Auto1/15/2165,00016,xxxLow miles
Manual12/16/2069,00021,xxxOBM; low miles
Manual11/17/2051,00060,xxxHigher miles
Manual11/9/2067,00023,xxxLow miles
Manual10/23/2056,25037,xxx
Manual8/18/2055,00056,xxxHigher miles
Manual9/30/2089,50011,768OBM; low miles
Auto10/16/2049,0009,400Low miles; red
Auto2/3/2037,50058,xxxHigher miles
Auto7/9/2039,99945,xxx
Manual6/22/2060,00021,xxxLow miles, mods
Manual5/21/2051,50052,xxxLingenfelter
Manual5/1/2058,00029,xxx
Auto3/10/2044,75039,xxx
Manual3/5/2064,50014,xxxLow miles
Auto2/18/2035,00063,xxx“30 pages of srvc records” (???)
Auto3/3/2050,50031,xxxMods
Auto2/25/2033,25091,xxxHigh miles; repaired damage

Search for "cts-v wagon"

A simple average of the manuals is ~$62K, or ~$59K without that $89.5K OBM unicorn. The three higher-mileage ones average to ~$52.5K.

Net-net, I think I understand what the prices of these things get to. Based on the BaT values from last 14 months, I'm probably thinking something on the below-average side on price. And I recognize that the way to achieve that is higher miles, which is fine. The point around supply-and-demand is a great one, and that will likely be a constraint on things. Let's see what materializes over time.
I was looking Nationwide when I was looking. Good luck

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was looking Nationwide when I was looking. Good luck
Blades nailed it. You're going to have to be willing to hop on a plane to get the one you want. FWIW there are zero manual wagons for sale nationwide on Autotrader and only 7 manual V2 total.

Good luck. I've driven a few A6 cars and the M6 is worth the wait and extra money they command. I had given up on finding an M6 and decided to go with black Recaros and slicktop as my top two requirements figuring I would end up with an A6, then my M6 with titanium base seats and ultra-view came up for a killer price. It was the first time I drove a manual V2 and after rowing 1-3 I was sold.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Blades nailed it. You're going to have to be willing to hop on a plane to get the one you want. FWIW there are zero manual wagons for sale nationwide on Autotrader and only 7 manual V2 total.

Good luck. I've driven a few A6 cars and the M6 is worth the wait and extra money they command. I had given up on finding an M6 and decided to go with black Recaros and slicktop as my top two requirements figuring I would end up with an A6, then my M6 with titanium base seats and ultra-view came up for a killer price. It was the first time I drove a manual V2 and after rowing 1-3 I was sold.
Correct, having owned both I can't see myself owning another A6 V2 or frankly any 2 pedal hot rod. I am currently looking into a 6 speed swap for my 67 Comet when it gets the big motor swapped in....

·
Registered
76 Posts
@anoopay
Mine is on BAT right now. I don’t think you’re allowed to post a link per forum rules but I’m sure you can look it up. 2013 OBM

They’re great cars. My life is so busy with work and family that I rarely drive it. I know by next week I’ll be kicking myself for letting it go.

Best wishes on your search.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
And it's a good looking OBM 6M wagon.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
@anoopay
Mine is on BAT right now. I don’t think you’re allowed to post a link per forum rules but I’m sure you can look it up. 2013 OBM.

They’re great cars. My life is so busy with work and family that I rarely drive it. I know by next week I’ll be kicking myself for letting it go.

Best wishes on your search.
I'll be interested to see how you do, in case I ever decide to move my `13 OBM. Looks like ours are twins (save for your Ultraview option), and of course all my extra miles and mods! I dunno, does 900+ daily driving RWHP add or take away value to a Wagon?

30k-Mile 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 6-Speed

Although, to be fair... I might be more interested in this one - single owner! I'd love to soup this one up a bit. And to be fair, I've always been partial to red/white in this car, but the blue and cream really looks great.

I wonder if I'd fit?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I'll be interested to see how you do, in case I ever decide to move my `13 OBM. Looks like ours are twins (save for your Ultraview option), and of course all my extra miles and mods! I dunno, does 900+ daily driving RWHP add or take away value to a car like this? :p

30k-Mile 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 6-Speed

Although, to be fair... I might be more interested in this one - single owner! I'd love to soup this one up a bit. And to be fair, I've always been partial to red/white in this car, but the blue and cream really looks great.

I wonder if I'd fit?
900 hp in that one, lol? You have a lot of mods to do! It is nice looking, a little understated.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
900 hp in that one, lol? You have a lot of mods to do! It is nice looking, a little understated.
Oh I was mentioning my Wagon - I can see how my wording sent the wrong idea.

The Vette probably would drive great the way it is.

You know, with a centrifugal supercharger? :D

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I was jesting on the Vette mods. Or was I?

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,598 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
76 Posts
What’s pretty amazing is the detailed list @VVagon compiled over the years of the Vs. Some of the comments state my car is 1of1 for the year per the options it came with and that it was used by GM for emissions testing. Not sure what options they’re referring to but still very interesting to know my wagon’s history.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.