Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anyone got one laying around they want to sell to an inmate.
I think DMS does them pretty quick, also for even less down time, there is a company ( I forget the name, maybe some one on here knows) that makes the welding plates. You can be up abd running in half a days time.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Anyone got one laying around they want to sell to an inmate.
If you have a welder or know someone....the plates are a good option.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not to thread jack Dave, but at what point is the reinforcement deemed necessary? After pulley swap?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to thread jack Dave, but at what point is the reinforcement deemed necessary? After pulley swap?
I'm trying to address the cooling before the pulley swap. Want to do a 2.5 or maybe a 2.4 upper, solid isolator, injectors and a tune. Nothing crazy.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
i dont know if people are actually paying it right now but bricks and lids are asking HUGE dollars right now, you are much better off to have it welded yourself
its not a problem for any decent welder and not worth shipping one back and forth to have it done.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
There is no real point not to do it...especially if you are going to be making any boost above stock...but there can be failures on stock boost pressures.

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Im pretty sure the prices and availability on these bricks/lids are crazy right now.

I might wait if you can.

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
they are out of stock , people who have their hands on them are asking stupid money. i dont think anyone is actually paying it though lol

but why would you buy anything when all you have to do is take it to a welder and spend like $50

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
and by people asking alot for them we mean fucktards on facebook groups

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Reactions: SoCalDave

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well unfortunately timing is everything in life and mine always seems to be off for some reason. Doing a 1200sqft addition to the fort soon and fuking materials are to the moon...fuk me running...

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Well unfortunately timing is everything in life and mine always seems to be off for some reason. Doing a 1200sqft addition to the fort soon and fuking materials are to the moon...fuk me running...
Do the plates from PCM of North Carolina.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts