Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Vendor
13,658 Posts
This would do far better on Corvette Forum since pretty much no one here runs LS7 parts. TBH though just buy new rocker arms from GM. They are about $20 each. Doesn't really make sense to try and save there on a build like this

· Administrator
22,660 Posts
WCCH sells CHE retrofit rockers with new GM arms. Just an option.

They used to have them in stock, not sure about current status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This would do far better on Corvette Forum since pretty much no one here runs LS7 parts. TBH though just buy new rocker arms from GM. They are about $20 each. Doesn't really make sense to try and save there on a build like this
Agreed, but the savings opportunity would be if I found a set that was already "trunnion upgraded"

· Administrator
22,660 Posts

· Registered
1,613 Posts

The LS7 rockers take a different part number trunion kit.

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any specific corvette forum? I tried corvetteowners.com didn't seem to work as expected.

· Registered
1,613 Posts
I have BTR trunions and LS7 Lifters (not rockers) for sale. I assumed you were pointing towards the trunions.

· Vendor
13,658 Posts
Agreed, but the savings opportunity would be if I found a set that was already "trunnion upgraded"

Hard to say what shape used parts are in. If it were me Id buy new GM rocker arms and install the trunnion of your choice ( mine would be Manton), or buy new rocker arms with trunnion upgrade done such as WCCH with Che

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hard to say what shape used parts are in. If it were me Id buy new GM rocker arms and install the trunnion of your choice ( mine would be Manton), or buy new rocker arms with trunnion upgrade done such as WCCH with Che
Haven’t seen the Manton yet; The CHE setup has a bushing, which looks imminently ‘safer’ than a thousand needle bearings; what’s your thought on that design? Is there a significant friction penalty?

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have now seen the manton and Im
pleased to see it is also a bushing, not a thousand itty-bitty rollers!
I definitely want a bushing set up, either Manton OR CHE. WCCH is still going to call me with info on what they have. The stock rockers can be had for 14.39 & 14.59 (intake and exhaust) brand new from TSP, Rockauto and others. Looking for the best get on Mantons right now

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Manton is the same price everywhere. No margin to work with really
I expect you’re right about that.
Curious why the Manton over the CHE or other bushing types? I see that the Manton bushing is thinner while the CHE is thicker and says it’s manganese material is better..?

· Vendor
13,658 Posts
I expect you’re right about that.
Curious why the Manton over the CHE or other bushing types? I see that the Manton bushing is thinner while the CHE is thicker and says it’s manganese material is better..?
Because it is the best one on the market for higher power cars still running a factory style rocker. I've had a set on one of my cars for 4 years without issue at 900+whp

· Premium Member
5,926 Posts
Most likely either the bushed or the needle bearing rocker arms will work, as the valve spring pressures the OP is going to use are not over the top using hydraulic lifters, even with the stainless 2.250" intake valve.

However, since the OP is going to use a 1.8:1 rocker arm ratio, this can increase the stress on the rocker arm over a 1.7:1 rocker arm ratio, depending not just on the seat and open pressures. Here it is also good to look at the spring rates at every 0.050" of compression.

Using a higher (numerically) Rocker Arm Ratio allows for a reduced lobe lift. This tends to reduce the load on the lobe, while increasing the load on the valve springs. This is why some increase the diameter of the lifter, as it spreads the load out over the larger surface of the lifter.

With higher ratio rocker arms, it is also good to understand that one is multiplying the spring values by the rocker arm ratio on the pushrod side of the cylinder head. So a stronger push rod is usually chosen here.

While I might not choose the needle bearing rocker (the OP might(?) if I did I sure would want the rocker arm (needle bearings) to be encapsulated.

Having needle bearings go everywhere in your engine, is what brought on the bushed lifter as well as the bushed rocker arms. . . .

Reactions: Blades1_99
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.