Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good brick to have reinforced or already reinforced.
No one seems to have new.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Then get the reinforce plates and take it to your local machine shop and have them weld it up for you. You could save a little.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty much called every dealer/distributor in NA and nada. Was told by one 3rd party that the brick is no longer offered alone from the factory and you have to purchase the lid with it mounted. Supposedly hitting the market soon from GM?
Reason I'm looking is I'm about to do some mods and it includes reinforcement of the brick. I have the plates but have no idea what my 103k miles one looks like. I need to DIY mod and professional tune in 2-3 days if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
You could easily check your current brick out in 30 minutes and could possibly save a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
What Jim said, just take pictures of all the connectors first, then start the removal, the process of removing the lid is not bad. Refer back to your pictures and reassemble once you look.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pretty much called every dealer/distributor in NA and nada. Was told by one 3rd party that the brick is no longer offered alone from the factory and you have to purchase the lid with it mounted. Supposedly hitting the market soon from GM?
Reason I'm looking is I'm about to do some mods and it includes reinforcement of the brick. I have the plates but have no idea what my 103k miles one looks like. I need to DIY mod and professional tune in 2-3 days if possible.
What shop/ tuner are you going with?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts