Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or similar?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Don't hesitate to go bigger if you get the chance.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No downside to big injectors and low duty cycles? Previous experience with motorcycle stuff... the bigger ones have driveability trade offs.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
No downside to big injectors and low duty cycles? Previous experience with motorcycle stuff... the bigger ones have driveability trade offs.
I was running 1300s long before I did the head and blower upgrade.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pat G recommended FIC 1000 to me and they are a bit cheaper.
That’s good to know. I hadn’t yet contacted any tuners to get their preferences. I sorta figured all of them would prefer the most expensive injectors... just because.
Were you building to include E85 when he suggested them?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most running e would suggest 1300s, and in your build thread you listed a pump upgrade already right?
I bought the dw300(?) kit with regulator that Jim had suggested. I was planning to do the Flex kit but Have since learned that E85 is 66mi from home. Not certain I'd ever use it except for a novelty thing. But of course, at SOME point I WOULD want to try it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I bought the dw300(?) kit with regulator that Jim had suggested. I was planning to do the Flex kit but Have since learned that E85 is 66mi from home. Not certain I'd ever use it except for a novelty thing. But of course, at SOME point I WOULD want to try it.
I'm taking off my FIC1000s if you're interested. They have maybe 8k mi. Upgraded to a bigger injector since I'll be going with a 2650.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That’s good to know. I hadn’t yet contacted any tuners to get their preferences. I sorta figured all of them would prefer the most expensive injectors... just because.
Were you building to include E85 when he suggested them?
Not at thetime, but I told him it was in the future. He also recommended porting blower and heads as a good next move for performance.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm taking off my FIC1000s if you're interested. They have maybe 8k mi. Upgraded to a bigger injector since I'll be going with a 2650.
I AM interested. I am looking at all options and trying to educate myself a bit, just now. I will send a PM.

Reactions: Black_V21

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
If you aren't going to be doing E regularly, why go through the hassle of putting the DW on?

When I want to run E, on the stock pumps, I add E85 to bring me up to around 40-50% blend and works fine.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you aren't going to be doing E regularly, why go through the hassle of putting the DW on?

When I want to run E, on the stock pumps, I add E85 to bring me up to around 40-50% blend and works fine.
More good questions...
I will soon be doing the "hat" repair, parts in hand, cutting floor planned etc.
The pumps were part of the WYIT process, which seems at the root of EVERY project

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, also interested in e on occasion, my question is can you install the sensor and still run pump gas no problem? Also does it affect the tune on the car (93) would tune need to be adjusted for the e?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not to hijack the thread, also interested in e on occasion, my question is can you install the sensor and still run pump gas no problem? Also does it affect the tune on the car (93) would tune need to be adjusted for the e?
That's not a hijack....those are exactly my next questions!

Reactions: Ctarb1

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Yes you can still run pump gas with no problem. Your tune will need to be adjusted for the ethanol content and with the sensor you will be able to run any percentage of ethanol and the tune will adjust accordingly.

Reactions: jcs003

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
@MrSurly @Ctarb1 ^^He's right.

Like I said I'm running stock pumps with the sensor for my 1300s.

I run pump 90% of the time. But if I add E no worries because it is tuned for it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.