Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the MM WILD catch can last night per the instructions, went to start the car and it just cranked, didn't fire. Tried to start the car again and it just cranked. Tried a third time, pumping the accelerator pedal and it eventually stumbled and started. I double checked and there don't appear to be any vacuum leaks.

This morning I went to start my car and the same thing happened. It appears to drive ok but I don't know whats going on with the starting issue...

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
bump any connectors loose? There isnt much to installing them so thats strange

·
Premium Member
17,599 Posts
No codes? And so you are saying it does eventually start? Does it idle ok once started? And it drives and pulls fine once started and running? I'm a bit confused by what you've posted. Hard to get a clear picture of what's actually happening. Grab a video and post it next time - vid is worth a thousand TriTex posts!

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Doublecheck the ground bolt underneath the Airaid to make sure it's tight.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Did you cap the valley plate after you connected the MM to the supercharger vacuum port as illustrated on the top picture on page 2:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hubOXqY9Flyg2xPotBYDtELyDR_r_2SmVeEBpNb4Bs0/edit

The cap that came in the kit was too small but fortunately i had a larger one laying around that fit perfectly. If you did all then do as TJT suggested and make sure you didn't bump anything, or disconnected something to move it out of the way and forgot to reconnect.

Lastly you can undo everything while still leaving the MM can mounted in the rear and see if the problem is still occurring. Maybe you're having a separate issue and the time was coincidental.

Reactions: Florida-Vee and MYV

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you cap the valley plate after you connected the MM to the supercharger vacuum port as illustrated on the top picture on page 2:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hubOXqY9Flyg2xPotBYDtELyDR_r_2SmVeEBpNb4Bs0/edit

The cap that came in the kit was too small but fortunately i had a larger one laying around that fit perfectly. If you did all then do as TJT suggested and make sure you didn't bump anything, or disconnected something to move it out of the way and forgot to reconnect.

Lastly you can undo everything while still leaving the MM can mounted in the rear and see if the problem is still occurring. Maybe you're having a separate issue and the time was coincidental.
I tried to record a video of the car not starting....but it did start. It cranked for a little longer than usual and stumbled and started. Not noticeable enough for concern. I did not block off the valley. I have it connected to my airaid like the MM diagram shows.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts