Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Looking for a little confirmed wiring for a FC3 dual pump controller.
My car needs to drive from one shop to another (Mechanic to tuner) which is about 100 miles.
The guys at Fore indicated that i may get into limp mode when i asked about signal input depending on the tuner. I dont completely follow this as i would expect i could just run 12v switched to primary pump.

Not realizing it before i was originally intending on using the factory pump signal which i found out is a PWM signal rather than direct 12v.
Can anyone confirm whether they used the factory pump signal from FPC or a switched 12v signal from another source and where?

I can get my own 12v signal but am hoping to get the car moved today so hopefully someone can confirm this asap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone interested it sounds like the removal of the FSCM is what would actually throw a code or potentially limp.
Im going to try piggybacking on the FSCM power (fuse 21 on rear block) to trigger the primary pump in the Fore setup.

Hopefully leaving the factory control module in place will mitigate any codes until i can get it tuned out.
Im also hoping since the factory controller shouldn't be pulling any more real current with the pumps missing that the FC3 wont blow the fuse.

Hoping to have the car to the tuner by next week and will update if anyone cares about this later.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My FSCM is still in place. I believe I just unplugged the connector and turned off the code in HP Tuners (its been a while). Now onto the FC3 controller....obviously it gets main power from the battery but the primary pump gets the activation signal from a switched 12V. I have a 2009 so that was a pink wire from the wiring harness. Second and third pump are activate when the Hobbs switch sees 5psi.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I just learned that the fuse i intended to use labeled (FSCM/FPCM) is actually a constant. There is a pink wire in the connector to the factory FSCM so ill test that for switched power and use that.
Nice car BTW.
My FSCM is still in place. I believe I just unplugged the connector and turned off the code in HP Tuners (its been a while). Now onto the FC3 controller....obviously it gets main power from the battery but the primary pump gets the activation signal from a switched 12V. I have a 2009 so that was a pink wire from the wiring harness. Second and third pump are activate when the Hobbs switch sees 5psi.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thanks. I just learned that the fuse i intended to use labeled (FSCM/FPCM) is actually a constant. There is a pink wire in the connector to the factory FSCM so ill test that for switched power and use that.
Nice car BTW.
Thanks man, yea that pink one should do the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts