Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker when I had my gen 2 CTSV, sold that one a long time ago. Went through a period of crap cars and just picked up a 16 CTSV that is CPOed for another year. Very excited to be back. I am in Denver and because of my two-car garage, this will be my year-round car. My plan was to run my stock 19-inch wheels/tires until winter and then put some 19-inch snow tires on, and next summer buy another set of wheels and tires for summer. Before that I wanted to know if it was possible to fit 18s on this car and where I would find them. I have searched and looks like maybe grinding the calipers? That is not something I want to get into, but wanted to check. It would expand my options for snow tires. Also anyone out here in Denver? I'd love to catch up over beers

To clarify my questions
1. Do 18s fit on a gen 3?
2. Anyone in Denver?

Also, I ask this in July because I like to buy snows in the summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
there are 18s that fit the OEM front brake setup, but they are mostly high end forged wheels designed for track use. Anything cheap enough to be a winter wheel will be some form of cast wheel that will not clear the brakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are 18s that fit the OEM front brake setup, but they are mostly high end forged wheels designed for track use. Anything cheap enough to be a winter wheel will be some form of cast wheel that will not clear the brakes.
Thanks for the heads up! Speaking of the matter. What does everyone run for track wheels and tires?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts