Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having an issue with getting washer fluid to my windshield. The wipers activate and the headlight sprayers work but the washer for windshield won't do anything. I have disconnected the washer nozzles and ensured the lines are clean even back sprayed them to the reservoir. I have checked fuses and relays and still nothing. I have even replaced the reservoir which came with new pumps and still can't get fluid to the windshield. You can hear the pumps working however, when i disconnect the pump that goes to the headlight washer you no longer hear the pumps. So i am assuming no power is getting to the pump even though the relays and fuses are all good. I even have swapped relays and fuses around and no change with the washer fluid nor does anything else stop working. Which leads me to believe the pumps on the old reservoir were im good working order and the issue is elsewhere in the car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Swap the lines on the pumps haha. Check for power at the pump, and check for ground. If no ground follow the harness back and look for the ground that feeds it/ check for broken wires... Check the pins in the plugs. If no power start looking into the multi function switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know i did swap the lines and still nothing thats what led me to believe something was stuck in the lines but i was able to disconnect the lines and flush air and water back to the pump connection. Even with thr lines disconnected from the nozzles nothing comes out. I guess i will pull it all back apart to further inspect the plugs and test for power to the harness. How exactly would i do that as i figure power only goes to the pump.when the button on the stalk inside the car is pushed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts