Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 V Coupe. Recently when getting in or out of the car when the widow is supposed to drop slightly it stays up and when closing the door it jams against the frame and sounds like it’s going to break. I’ve repeatedly tried lowering both widows and raised both holding for a few seconds. Sometime that works for a little while.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both sides? Scan of the bcm might shed some light, or try unhooking the battery for a while.
Thanks. So far it’s only the drivers door. Sorry, what’s a blm?

Thanks. So far it’s only the drivers door. Sorry, what’s a blm?
bcm

Body control module
Thanks, sorry for the autocorrect.

Thanks, sorry for the autocorrect.
Another piece of the puzzle I noticed is the interior lights do not come on when opening the drivers door. Passenger door the window works perfectly and the interior lights come on.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Have you tried the relearn procedure?

Post #2

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Body control module

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you can have someone scan the body control module local to you I'd imagine you'd get a fault for some type of window sensor or something in the door latch. I'm not sure how they work on these since I have a sedan. This is how the c6s are though, worth a shot. Still kinda weird it's only one side.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Had that happen once before, turned out to be the door handle (touch pad) replaced it and never happened since found a new one on eBay for like 27$ I think

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 2012 coupe as well. Had the same issue. The problem ended up being the door latch on the body. You have to take the panel off by the driver seat belt, remove the seat belt bolt, then unbolt the door latch and replace. Pretty easy job and I got all the info i needed for the install on this forum. If you search you will find that people have wondered which part to buy because they make them with and without security theft feature which your car either came with or did not come with. The easiest way I found if you dont know is to take off the original part and compare it to the pictures they have on rockauto. In my case I needed the part number: GM GENUINE 20995846 (without theft deterrent) ... Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2012 V Coupe. Recently when getting in or out of the car when the widow is supposed to drop slightly it stays up and when closing the door it jams against the frame and sounds like it’s going to break. I’ve repeatedly tried lowering both widows and raised both holding for a few seconds. Sometime that works for a little while.
Any suggestions?
Another piece of the puzzle I noticed is the interior lights do not come on when opening the drivers door. Passenger door the window works perfectly and the interior lights come on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2012 coupe as well. Had the same issue. The problem ended up being the door latch on the body. You have to take the panel off by the driver seat belt, remove the seat belt bolt, then unbolt the door latch and replace. Pretty easy job and I got all the info i needed for the install on this forum. If you search you will find that people have wondered which part to buy because they make them with and without security theft feature which your car either came with or did not come with. The easiest way I found if you dont know is to take off the original part and compare it to the pictures they have on rockauto. In my case I needed the part number: GM GENUINE 20995846 (without theft deterrent) ... Good luck!
Thanks. Did yours also fail to auto lock and when opening the drivers door the interior lights fail to come on?

·
Registered
350 Posts
The door latch contains the switch for the interior lights, so that's the only thing that could cause that issue if the lights come on with the other door.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks. Did yours also fail to auto lock and when opening the drivers door the interior lights fail to come on?
Don't recall those symptoms mate, I just remember my window would not lower slightly when opening and closing the door. The breaking point for changing it was when I would close the door not knowing the window hadn't retracted down a bit and almost shattering my glass when closing the door which is the why I gave you the advice since you were experiencing that issue also

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't recall those symptoms mate, I just remember my window would not lower slightly when opening and closing the door. The breaking point for changing it was when I would close the door not knowing the window hadn't retracted down a bit and almost shattering my glass when closing the door which is the why I gave you the advice since you were experiencing that issue also
Thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts