Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1061 - 1073 of 1073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,061
Personally I think supercruise is better because it shuts off if driver isn’t paying attention.

Fact: full autonomous driving is not even close to being realistic or ready yet Tesla’s are allowing it with no repercussions or following government standards.

Left unchecked, this is a bad idea for moving vehicles.

Maybe it’s ok for computer software developers, but not for automobiles that can kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stephenti

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Visualize the entire user journey. You get in a Tesla, it streams recent Joe Rogan podcast as soon as door opens where you left off last for a peaceful commute, and you sit back and watch the road with AP. Calm. Can switch to previous episodes, stream podcasts, news, music, etc right from touchscreen... friction-less, all in relative peace. The entire vehicle as a cohesive transportation platform doesn't have an equal in the marketplace. What is a Genesis/Hyundai (love the Telluride btw) going to do in comparison? My cousin just happens to have both a 2020 Telluride and 2020 Model S Ludicrous Plus. No comparison as transportation devices (fully acknowledging different price brackets).

I'm a Product guy, so try to look at things objectively from product standpoint. I have also worked with OEMs, including the well-known one with high profit margins. Tesla really is more a transportation device/platform compared to regular cars. You actually have to experience it over time to understand the fundamental difference/shift. And btw, 0-60 in Ludi Plus... ya'll would love it, mind bending at 2.3 on street tires.

We can agree to disagree I guess.

You can 100% have that experience in A LOT of other cars lol.
Hell half of what you described is enabled by having CarPlay which can be added to pretty much any car with a screen for like $400 at this point.

And like I said. There are many cars that will “drive you” like the Tesla now.

I know all about the 0-60 time and that’s great. I fundamentally disagree that the Tesla is the best thing on 4 wheels anymore. Competition has change drastically in the last 2-4years.

It sounds like you are bought in fully to the “car is a transportation ecosystem” concept lol
I’m fully bought into the Apple “ecosystem” as well and it all works great for me but I’m not going to delude myself thinking it’s the best thing out there. Of course android can give a similar experience.
I’ve been in a Tesla and I’ve been in a Taycan...and the Tesla feels 10 years old lol

Reactions: Stephenti

·
Registered
822 Posts

We can agree to disagree I guess.

You can 100% have that experience in A LOT of other cars lol.
Hell half of what you described is enabled by having CarPlay which can be added to pretty much any car with a screen for like $400 at this point.

And like I said. There are many cars that will “drive you” like the Tesla now.

I know all about the 0-60 time and that’s great. I fundamentally disagree that the Tesla is the best thing on 4 wheels anymore. Competition has change drastically in the last 2-4years.

It sounds like you are bought in fully to the “car is a transportation ecosystem” concept lol
I’m fully bought into the Apple “ecosystem” as well and it all works great for me but I’m not going to delude myself thinking it’s the best thing out there. Of course android can give a similar experience.
I’ve been in a Tesla and I’ve been in a Taycan...and the Tesla feels 10 years old lol

Gotta ask, what is your experience with Tesla... driven for a few months, weeks, hours, minutes, or as passenger observing for how long? Carplay... a car that needs to be tethered to your phone is cutting edge? And I never said Tesla was the best thing on 4 wheels, but simply that it is by far the smartest transportation platform/device on the market. The future will hold much greater tech, but as of today, Tesla is in the lead by a margin. People assume that a ride in a Tesla reveals all that the car is... nope, actually own/live with one for a bit to understand nuances/advantages.

Trust me, there is plenty of koolaid on both sides. That's why I try to stay on the sidelines. Again, just offering objective insight as an owner; you can be open-minded for what it's worth from a fellow car enthusiast (800rwhp CTSV, NSX, 650HP P-car, M Coupe, 356s, T04R MKIV Bomex, etc)... or not.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
16,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,066
Ouch, poor initial quality score for Tesla. Building too fast? Dead last!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Ouch, poor initial quality score for Tesla. Building too fast? Dead last!

I still feel like initial quality score is kind of a useless metric (like all of JD power's rankings) but this makes sense from Tesla forum posts of taking delivery of cars. They all seem to be little annoyances instead of major problems which the initial quality doesn't discriminate between.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
they dont discriminate with a panel thats loose or how a knob feels versus a car that wont start
if you dont pay into their system you are on JD's shit list

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
1061 - 1073 of 1073 Posts