Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current setup is long tubes headers, 2.38 and 8.6 lower, ported snout and TB, HX, CAI, ID850, ZL1 lid, flex fuel sensor and a stage 3 BTR cam

Long story short I had no desire to do a cam and lower, I was just wanted to do flex fuel and with my upper pulley and be done with it. Welp I said “screw it” and purchased the cam set and lower and here we are,

Will my set up let me run a mix of e85 or will I totally be maxed out? If so I assume there is no point of my flex fuel right this second.

Time isn’t really on my side to go ahead and order a set of injectors since my car is going to get tuned and the tuner has a long wait list and I don’t want to cancel for the second time.

P.s I do have a BAP laying around if that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
You should probably be good to about E50, maybe a bit more, but don’t push it.

You should also monitor your fuel pressure and IDC whenever it gets cool out.

If you get a chance to buy and install a DSX aux pump kit, you really should.

Regrets suck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should probably be good to about E50, maybe a bit more, but don’t push it.

You should also monitor your fuel pressure and IDC whenever it gets cool out.

If you get a chance to buy and install a DSX aux pump kit, you really should.

Regrets suck.

Thank you!!! Yes that’s def in the plan!! Just need to budget it correctly with the wife.

Thank you for the fast reply and advice

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
Happy to help.

Just don’t underestimate the added fuel needed when it’s cold and high barometric pressure. When the DA (density altitude) drops, the engine makes a lot more power (don’t go by dyno readings as that’s corrected back to standard conditions) and needs more fuel because of it.

Stock pistons do not like lean conditions with a lot of boost.

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
Am I missing something? How are 850’s going to work with that setup?
E50. No ported heads, if he's 625 on 93, probably 675 on E50. The important thing is to watch the pressures and IDC.

I maxed my 850's at 665 on 91 with ported heads.

Personally, I would move up to 1050's and an aux pump.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Personally, I would move up to 1050's and an aux pump.
I went 1050x right out of the gate and very glad I did, so it's a non issue unless I go max effort. For the next round and moving past 600, I really wanted to save money, but between the guys here and my tuner telling me point blank "having too much fuel to pull from is never a bad thing", I bit the bullet and got the DSX kit. Sucks it was another expense, however I feel a lot of relief knowing a cold day, road trip to lower altitude, or some other fluke, won't backfire on me.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
your fuel will be maxed out completely.

With my mods i was maxing out my FIC1000s on e70 and on e50 is was still to high for my liking, and that was with the AEM pumps and a BAP. Now i have 1300s and im fine but its still bordr line

With that pulley combo and a cam you will require more fuel period, especially in cold weather.

Get the DSX AUXkit and be done with it

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
After all the research Ive done on this site I would come to the determination your current setup is no good with 850's and E. Gas you're fine

But if Karch says you're good then by golly you can take it to the bank

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
I said E50, some seem to not see that.
I still would be cautious, but I was able to run it myself, a smaller cam, but ported heads.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I said E50, some seem to not see that.
I still would be cautious, but I was able to run it myself, a smaller cam, but ported heads.

My shop had some 1000s, so I sold the 850 and went up. So hopefully that will help a little until I get the AUX

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
My shop had some 1000s, so I sold the 850 and went up. So hopefully that will help a little until I get the AUX

Its the pumps that limit the fuel not the injectors most of the time when running E

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update, like I said I went with FIC1000 and added a BAP until I can gather up 1000 for the aux.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Look like you gather up King.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Update, like I said I went with FIC1000 and added a BAP until I can gather up 1000 for the aux.

Just make sure you watch the IDC% and rail pressure and log its slowly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts