Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post this as this seems to come up often and the answers are usually about does it fit in the wheel well. But the real answer is stock rims are 9.5 (sedan) and a 295 is the largest tire that fit the rim.

If you want larger than 295 you need larger rims, then rim size, offset and wheel well fitment is would be the questions

Note Coupe rims are 10”

As I write this I found conflicting info on the internet, 1 website has 285 and another had 295 as the largest tire for a 9.5 rim. In either case the rim is the limiting factor not the wheel well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just wanted to post this as this seems to come up often and the answers are usually about does it fit in the wheel well. But the real answer is stock rims are 9.5 (sedan) and a 295 is the largest tire that fit the rim.

If you want larger than 295 you need larger rims, then rim size, offset and wheel well fitment is would be the questions

Note Coupe rims are 10”

As I write this I found conflicting info on the internet, 1 website has 285 and another had 295 as the largest tire for a 9.5 rim. In either case the rim is the limiting factor not the wheel well.

Not to be a naysayer here... But before I got my new wheels, I was running a 305 in the rear on my stock sedan rims. Had no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be a naysayer here... But before I got my new wheels, I was running a 305 in the rear on my stock sedan rims. Had no issues whatsoever.
I also had 305 because the installer didn’t measure the rims correctly, didn’t have much of an issue either. What I am saying is the tire manufactures have tire size/ rim specifications that may be more of a limit than the wheel well fitment.

I am currently running 295/35/19.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I also had 305 because the installer didn’t measure the rims correctly, didn’t have much of an issue either. What I am saying is the tire manufactures have tire size/ rim specifications that may be more of a limit than the wheel well fitment.

I am currently running 295/35/19.

Are you on stock suspension on those 295's and did you bump the front tires to a 265?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock suspension, Left the front as is, didn’t see any benefit for changing.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
What about the coupe? Anyone know the widest the coupe can run? Love the real fat tires on the rear

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What about the coupe? Anyone know the widest the coupe can run? Love the real fat tires on the rear
I'm running 295/30 on stock 19 with stock suspension

·
Registered
23 Posts
Weld makes a 10.5 inch for the coupe but I run Weld 17x10 on my sedan and MT ET Street R 305 35 19 that fit without any bulging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm running 345/30R20 on my coupe, stock suspension, no rubbing.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
124 Posts
So jealous. But, I doubt Cooper makes a tire that size.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!
I'm running Michelin 4S and buddy they aint cheap!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'm running Michelin 4S and buddy they aint cheap!
Not mention the price of replacing all 4 wheels. Those couldn't have been cheap.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not mention the price of replacing all 4 wheels. Those couldn't have been cheap.
Tha look and the stance makes it all worth it in the end. With our cars, if you want to play you gotta pay!;)

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Since I posted that 2 mo ago, I too have the 345/30 20’s. And YES! Amazing! Almost ZR1 wide

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 20 x 10 rears (CTS-V replicas) on my V Wagon, now using Michelin 295 30s on the rear and 20 x 8.5 on front, with 255 35s. The 295s rub in touring mode, but not sport so I have to put it in sport every time I drive it, since it defaults back to touring with every start. I had 285 30s on back before with no problems, but with the 295s everyone notices that they are wider so I put up with it. Here is a picture of both my wagons together, my plum 2014 the month I got it, with the stock 19s next to my older tuscan bronze wagon that already had the 20 inch CTS V replicas, but only 285 30s in the rear at the time. Sold the bronze wagon and re-painted the 20s for the plum wagon, so the plum wagon alone with the dark wheels are the 295s. Just a subtle difference. However, Tire Rack is great since it lists the tires actual dimensions and you can see how much the same size varies from one brand to another, mostly in the width department. Hated the 285s which were Ventis V12s so I switched back to the Michelins when I went to the 295s, even though almost 50% more $

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts