Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wiring in a Zeitronix ZT-4 wideband to my HP Tuners Pro. The instructions for the wideband contain the following statement.

"If Analog Wideband Output or Narrowband O2 Output is used ground the Zt-4 Black wire directly at the ECU (ECM) ground. Grounding Zt-4 Black wire are other location (ex. Chassis) will result in a ground offset and false readings."

Can anybody get me an ECU pinout so I can ground this thing properly?

Also I'm wondering if using one of the ground pins on the MPVI Pro connector would be feasible, or if it is a bad idea to leave HP Tuners connected to the OBDII port full time?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Nothing wrong with leaving it connected when you are driving, just unplug when you aren't since the MPVI will leach power and kill your battery.

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Nothing wrong with leaving it connected when you are driving, just unplug when you aren't since the MPVI will leach power and kill your battery.
I leave the module plugged in and the power consumption is negligible for a car that's regularly driven.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Ive had some weird no start issues that seem to be tied to power drain through the OBD port...so I unplug all the time. My symptoms are hard to nail down though, and unpredictable at best. Good to know this works for you though!

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Ive had some weird no start issues that seem to be tied to power drain through the OBD port...so I unplug all the time. My symptoms are hard to nail down though, and unpredictable at best. Good to know this works for you though!
My *best guess* is that it's not the HP Tuners module - do you have an aeroforce gauge or a wideband tied into the OBDII port or harness somehow?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Aeroforce gauge always stay plugged in.

No power lost on my heavyweight champ over the last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts