Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a new windshield. I would like to go with the OEM number or perhaps get a windshield made by the same supplier as the OEM part. I bought my V used so I have no way of knowing if I have the original windshield. A Pilkington EZ KOOL is on the car currently (with a nice long crack across the bottom). Insurance will cover up to roughly $478 toward an OEM part - I would have to pay the difference (this is the cost of an undiscounted windshield replacement; nothing out of my pocket).

So as the title says, who makes the OEM windshield?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I had mine replaced for under $400 labor included, not sure who did it though because I had a GM Dealer do it while some other work was being done to it ...

·
Premium Member
12,771 Posts
why dont you ask your local glass guy he may be able to do it for whatever they are paying

last one I had done on my pickup the difference was only $14, even the glass guy was surprised said he wont install another aftermarket one for that little difference

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This is the label on the lower passenger side of a factory windshield.

The Vitroflex appears to be a tradename.

Vitro, S.A. de C.V, through its subsidiary companies, is one of the world's leading glass producers. Trademarked by several other names, such as Crinamex, Vitro Flex, VPM and others. Vitro is an OEM windshield, door, vent, quarter and back glass supplier to many foreign and domestic auto and truck manufacturers

OEM Aftermarket Windshield Manufacturers

Just get the pilkington.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This is the label on the lower passenger side of a factory windshield on my 09.

The Vitroflex appears to be a tradename.

Vitro, S.A. de C.V, through its subsidiary companies, is one of the world's leading glass producers. Trademarked by several other names, such as Crinamex, Vitro Flex, VPM and others. Vitro is an OEM windshield, door, vent, quarter and back glass supplier to many foreign and domestic auto and truck manufacturers

link ==>OEM Aftermarket Windshield Manufacturers

Just get the pilkington.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I need an OEM replacement too.... I have these weird "fisheye" looking spots in front of the passenger seat. F that! My insurance said i'd have to pay about $200 out of pocket to cover it through the insurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts