Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Probably the flute scenario mentioned above. Try shortening the pipes connected to the cutouts. I've been running cutouts for over 3 years now with no issues and no whistling.
Yeah I'll have to go back next week and have him trim that long ass tube down!

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
The topic of the day is legs. Spread the word!

• Haha
Reactions: RedRocket

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
The location I chose was much closer to the front of the exhaust system. I never thought I would notice any change in my lightly modded V but in the open position I notice there is a (slightly but noticeable) quicker run up to redline and sometimes even bumps the limiter, something it doesn't do when the cutouts are closed. No problems and no whistling either. I also used a remote module where 2 of the 3 headliner buttons either open or close the cutouts, eliminating the need for an after market switch. The 3rd button still works the garage door! P.S. That's the installer, not me! :)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Off topic but does anyone have issues with the cut outs leaking when closed? Also what is the reference to the Black box vs Red box? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Off topic but does anyone have issues with the cut outs leaking when closed? Also what is the reference to the Black box vs Red box? Thanks...
I believe the difference in control boxes is one style you push and hold the open/close button for 5 seconds and the other style is push & release and the open/close function automatically stops on it's own. Mine has the push and hold style so this is only what I think the diff. is. As mentioned above, there is also a remote module that allows the use of 2 of the 3 factory headliner buttons to be programed to open & close the cutouts (since you only need 1 button dedicated to the garage door function).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe the difference in control boxes is one style you push and hold the open/close button for 5 seconds and the other style is push & release and the open/close function automatically stops on it's own. Mine has the push and hold style so this is only what I think the diff. is. As mentioned above, there is also a remote module that allows the use of 2 of the 3 factory headliner buttons to be programed to open & close the cutouts (since you only need 1 button dedicated to the garage door function).
Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
What do you mean by leaking? Like the valve is not closing all the way? if so, I had a similar problem with mine. The problem was the installer installed the passenger side QTP upside down. So when I would close them the valve would get hung up on the inside lip of the turndown and not close all the way. Went back and he cut and flipped the QTP flange. That did the trick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes that is what I meant. sounds like it is not an issue. I assume they sound real good from idle to wot. stock is too quiet but nice sometimes on a long trip.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
yes that is what I meant. sounds like it is not an issue. I assume they sound real good from idle to wot. stock is too quiet but nice sometimes on a long trip.
When doing a pull with them open it sounds like John Force!! 😜

21 - 30 of 30 Posts