Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast would you guys think a whipple/intake/headers/meth only V would be? Lets say estimated 1/4 mile ET, Trap, and dyno number (dynojet) for arguments sake.

Long story short my buddies dad just finished up these mods and has been talking an astronomical amount of shit over my V2 and I've been dishing it right back. His car is off being tuned as we speak. My mods are in my sig, 1/4 time will be faster too as I have an issue to sort out that I believe is costing me 2-3mph. There will be a showdown in a few months either on the street or at the track that has been left TBD as of now

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sarcasm?

Edit: I now see Bens post with the dyno comparisons, still interested to hear how you think it would run against a H/C manual V2

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Manual V2 is going to get rocked at the track. On the street I think the Whipple car will still pull, in theory

Reactions: anthonygazz

·
Super Moderator
20,940 Posts
Same formula holds...weight, power, traction, shifting.

If you look up what the Whipple cars make, you'll know.

My guess is you will have your hands full on the track, as the auto cars usually ET lower and more consistently. Your 132 trap, if that's the best, is a question. Tune Time tunes a customer of mine who trapped 133 with our CNC ported blower, headers, pulleys, and a 102. Stock heads, stock cam, pump gas with some race gas splashed in but not adjusted for in the tune.

He's an automatic, and a very experienced racer. Car ran a best of 10.3. Again, no meth, no ethanol, no heads, no cam. Truly impressive.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Same formula holds...weight, power, traction, shifting.

If you look up what the Whipple cars make, you'll know.

My guess is you will have your hands full on the track, as the auto cars usually ET lower and more consistently. Your 132 trap, if that's the best, is a question. Tune Time tunes a customer of mine who trapped 133 with our CNC ported blower, headers, pulleys, and a 102. Stock heads, stock cam, pump gas with some race gas splashed in but not adjusted for in the tune.

He's an automatic, and a very experienced racer. Car ran a best of 10.3. Again, no meth, no ethanol, no heads, no cam. Truly impressive.
I'm having an issue with the car that needs to be sorted before all this. I was trapping almost 133 with cam only and after the heads it didn't go up, but noticed a coolant issue at the end of the track day Monday. So I think its a head gasket or head lifting thing, or possibly even the new clutch and that will all be torn into asap. Once that is sorted I would imagine gaining at least 2-3 mph for the 50hp increase initially after the heads, the problem came after the dyno session.Also i cut a pair of 1.49 60 foots but couldnt produce the pass i was looking for with them so with everything lining up I believe i'd give him a good run for his money

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Insufficient information and depends on a lot of shit. Seems you can shift pretty well getting mid 10's with the manual but a whipple car set up right can definitely be faster...but that all depends on the engine/trans tune and a bunch of other shit. Is he on normal street tires? Any cooling mods besides just spraying meth? What pulleys on the whipple?

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Insufficient information and depends on a lot of shit. Seems you can shift pretty well getting mid 10's with the manual but a whipple car set up right can definitely be faster...but that all depends on the engine/trans tune and a bunch of other shit. Is he on normal street tires? Any cooling mods besides just spraying meth? What pulleys on the whipple?
I'm going off the info I was given about his build, no cooling mods, I'm assuming if we do it at the track he will get himself a worthy tire he would be insane not to. ECS is doing the tuning and he just said a smaller pulley, the actual size I am not sure of. I understand there are a ton of variables here and the results will speak for themselves but its been a big buildup so just thought id see what anyone else thinks will happen. I may sneak E-85 in before this happens to add a little insurance for myself

Also not sure what my sig is showing but it should say 10.65 @131.x looks like its showing the time before my heads

·
Registered
341 Posts
atleast you have a man pedal, he cant get that

Reactions: anthonygazz

·
Super Moderator
20,940 Posts
If ECS doesn’t know the platform well, and the trans really well, you will be a lot better off than he will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get some E85. You're going to need a fuel system or aux pump too though.
Plan is to get the whole DSX kit, 1050s, aux, and flex sensor. Then a 55gal pail since there's only 2 stations across the state both an hour away in opposite directions

If ECS doesn’t know the platform well, and the trans really well, you will be a lot better off than he will be.

Not sure how they will do, read plenty of bad things about them but you cant believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
One here just did 811hp and 721tq on E40. It has a cam also. Meth will be added and up the boost, only at 11.5 now.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
One here just did 811hp and 721tq on E40. It has a cam also. Meth will be added and up the boost, only at 11.5 now.
thats some big power out of it but no cam or E, has anyone seen a 1/4 time for a whipple V3?

Just came across Jrockey's thread with his 1/4 time with whipple, tb, and E85 doing [email protected] Might come down to a drivers race

1 - 14 of 14 Posts