Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have a 2013 CTS V sedan. It is my first time owning a supercharged vehicle so I'm still getting used to it. Is it normal to hear a whine when I'm crusing at 50+ mph? I'm not even stepping on the gas and I can hear the faint whine. It usually comes around 50 mph or so. Well maintained low miles vehicle.

TIA

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey so I have a 2013 CTS V sedan. It is my first time owning a supercharged vehicle so I'm still getting used to it. Is it normal to hear a whine when I'm crusing at 50+ mph? I'm not even stepping on the gas and I can hear the faint whine. It usually comes around 50 mph or so. Well maintained low miles vehicle.

TIA
If youre not stepping on the gas relatively hard you shouldnt be making boost. look at your boost gauge, is it 0? if so, you shouldnt hear a whine. also, im assuming you have been in boost before and thus heard the whine, are the sounds comparable?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If youre not stepping on the gas relatively hard you shouldnt be making boost. look at your boost gauge, is it 0? if so, you shouldnt hear a whine. also, im assuming you have been in boost before and thus heard the whine, are the sounds comparable?
Boost gauge reads 0. Yes I have stepped on it before the sound was louder. When im cruising at around 2k rpms its faint. I've heard its normal since the blower is still spinning.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Boost gauge reads 0. Yes I have stepped on it before the sound was louder. When im cruising at around 2k rpms its faint. I've heard its normal since the blower is still spinning.
Is the blower ported? My Jokerz has a whine/whistle at idle.

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
You cam remove the belt and drive it to see if the sound goes away.

It could also be an idler pulley, though that is more of a squeak usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Isn't it around 50MPH where people have been reporting differential noise? Does the noise sound like its coming from the front?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine did this exact thing. Does it around 50 mph. Had the differential warrantied and the new one does it! Was told it could be pinion angle.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
151 Posts
Is your noise/vibration cover still on ?
It's the little plate on top if the SC lid, with it removed you will hear all kinds of noises.

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
Is your noise/vibration cover still on ?
It's the little plate on top if the SC lid, with it removed you will hear all kinds of noises.
I think these were only on the early ones, like 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
151 Posts
I have one on mine, it's a '14.
Left it off after I got my bung welded and it was making all kinds of noises, until I put it back on.
Just a thought

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I have one on mine, it's a '14.
Left it off after I got my bung welded and it was making all kinds of noises, until I put it back on.
Just a thought
My 2011 did have one.

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
21 Posts

TIA
Stock intake? Once I put an airraid intake on mine the SC whine became significantly more noticeable at part-throttle on the highway, esp. under higher loads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts