Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

For a short time I had an E90 M3, CTS-V wagon, AMG GT S and Tesla Model 3 in my fleet. Each morning I did a little mulling over my day's plans and then picked the car that fit my mood and the day.

Typically, errands would get run in the Model 3 or CTS-V, track time went to the GT S or M3, road trips to the Model 3 or M3, and canyon runs were done in the GT S.

The experience inspired me to write a Choose Your Own Adventure review on the M3, CTS-V, GT S and Model 3. (It is here on my blog.)

Which car would you pick for errands, road trips, track time and canyons?

Best!
Mike

· Premium Member
1,723 Posts
The Model3AMG-V. All squeezed into one!

Reactions: 556bhp

· Registered
396 Posts
Vagon all day if it's 6MT. If not, M3 if it's 6MT.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vagon all day if it's 6MT. If not, M3 if it's 6MT.
Its the 6MT, but my wife doesn't drive stick and I haven't upgraded the rear diff cooling. So, it gets shunned on road trips and track days. :(

The Model3AMG-V. All squeezed into one!
I'm trying to think of what car is closest to a Model3AMG-V...maybe a Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo?

· Registered
179 Posts
Man i have a similar problem but my work doesn’t allow me to choose anymore. In my work van i go lol. All are great cars. I’ve driven a lot of incredible things but i will say, a manual E90 M3 is just such an unbelievable ride. I love the V’s but my old M3 i had was just perfect to drive. Needed another 100 horse but it was brilliance .

Reactions: 556bhp

· Registered
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
3,435 Posts
Unique, sleeper, functional. It’s not for everyone.
It was the fastest of the three with the Stig on the US Top Gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Poor sick STATION WAGON people.
(Deep voice) "if it's a 6sp manaul"
(Mickey mouse voice)
"Let's drive around in the short bus"
Station wagons, I just don't get it.
Mostly it's a wagon vs SUV thing for me: both have good hauling capacity, but the wagons tend to handle better. If I don't need to haul, a sedan is just as good in my book!

The e90m3 is a much better street car than a race car.

With those choices, for me it would be the wagon 6mt of course.
That is true overall, but its engine feels quite race bred to me.

· Registered
3,626 Posts
The 4 liter V8 takes about 50k to get it to 450hp and 300tq. Stock it sounds great and is high reving but just to anemic when compared to a stock ls motor.

The 4.4 liter is a different animal but the states didn't get that one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.