Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the CTS-V world.

Bought a 2012 sedan with 31,000 miles. It’s in the process of being shipped. I’m looking forward to getting it.

I ask about the insurance because 2 weeks ago my 2007 TBSS was stolen (had a thread about it somewhere...)

It had full coverage with Texas Farm Bureau. 2 days ago insurance claimed it a loss and placed a value of $13,200 on it. Unable to dispute.

So, I’ve decided I’d like to look into insuring my new car with someone else. I’d like to find a company that will insure using an appraised or agreed upon value. Or a plan that will allow to add value as modifications occur.

Who do y’all use to cover your vehicle and the modifications you’ve added?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I have used Hagerty, but I later talked with Heacock at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance extensively. They ended up saving significant money over Hagerty. Thankfully I have had no claims experience.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
GEICO. Was always reasonable and coverage was good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allstate. The Mrs owns two branches. They insure upon agreed value.
Thanks. I did their online quote. If you think she would be willing to chat and provide me with some direction please PM me her contact information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was always happy with Motors Insurance. Never had worry aftermarket parts being used . Was pissed when they pulled out of Canada

·
Premium Member
12,906 Posts
Grundy will insure DD for agreed value.
I already have Haggerty insurance for another vehicle so I inquired about it
When I inquired 2 years ago it was as follows:
They will NOT write a policy if there is any accident for you or anyone in your household
You have to insure $100,000 worth of vehicles with them- this can include a classic car if you have one already insured with them or someone else

it worked out to be about 15% more than I was paying for my other cars but you obviously get the agreed value not book value shit if god forbid something happens

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I also have Hagerty for an old muscle car. Agreed value is $50K. They don't care how much I drive it as long as I also have another car that they are not also insuring. No mileage restrictions.
I certainly have prior claims and tickets. It's about $100/month. My next V will also go on the AV policy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haggerty will insure DD for agreed value.
I already have Haggerty insurance for another vehicle so I inquired about it
When I inquired 2 years ago it was as follows:
They will NOT write a policy if there is any accident for you or anyone in your household
You have to insure $100,000 worth of vehicles with them- this can include a classic car if you have one already insured with them or someone else

it worked out to be about 15% more than I was paying for my other cars but you obviously get the agreed value not book value shit if god forbid something happens
Congrats on your acquisition. I shopped around here in FL, was very disgusted at price and coverage. A buddy told me to call the Corvette museum. I finally took his advice and went with them. Wound up being an agreed value, no appraisal only stipulation was a 6k yr limit on driving. No worries.....I only go 3k for the last 3 yrs. AND at 50% less than anyone else. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
12,906 Posts
my acquisition ?

BTW my Grudyy info was based on the MVP or daily driving program. You can obviously insure another classic if you have one it doesnt have to meet the $100k threshold.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have Geico
I went from a 2010 Infinity G to a 2013 CTS-V 6-speed. That was 5 years ago and my Insurance rates only went up $20 each 6 months. I don't think I was penalized for getting a V.

·
Premium Member
12,906 Posts
Infiniti G are not great on insurance at all, mainly the demographic who have purchased them as they aged specifically the coupes
the CTS in cheap to insure across the board. My wifes CTS coupe with its 6cyl was more to insure then my V sedan
her Jeep is way more to insure then the V, her little 4 series BMW that came after her CTS coupe was $400 more to insure than the 6cyl coupe was

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Esurance has been good for us.
I still remember when I added the V to our account on the phone, at the end the lady asked if I would like to sign up for their DriveSense program. I had to bite my tongue. Lady do you not realize the car we just added to our account? Of course she wouldn't have. I wonder if they ask that to owners of "sports cars".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts