Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts
Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
17,761 Posts
I guess I'm a *******. I don't go where I can't park my own car.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always have to ask "can you drive a stick?" and more often than not they say "no" and I say "just show me where you'd have put it and I'll park it myself".
Had that happen at another high end hotel with my GTI. I come down and I see Bentley, Jag XJR, S63, Range Rover and my little GTI. Valet says they don't really drive stick too much so they just moved it a little. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'm a ***. I don't go where I can't park my own car.

There is a public lot 2 or 3 blocks away, or I can drive up and pay $60 for valet. I photograph high end social events, so not really an option to roll my bags a few blocks, especially at the end of the night when I am tired

·
Premium Member
17,761 Posts
There is a public lot 2 or 3 blocks away, or I can drive up and pay $60 for valet. I photograph high end social events, so not really an option to roll my bags a few blocks, especially at the end of the night when I am tired
No judgment here- I just really don't like people all up in my stuff.

I don't travel anywhere I can't take a handgun either. Haha

Haven't been out of the country since my honeymoon. I guess I'm a grumpy old bastard.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I give a nice tip when I hand them my key. Tip them when I come back too.
I am never looking for a front spot; I am looking for a little patience with my car when they park it and open doors near it. I don’t mind that they usually park it in front, but I am really trying to buy a little goodwill from a minimum wage person doing a thankless job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.