Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tore my car down for my heads cam package a week ago... Had ordered an innovators west balancer that was supposed to be here last weekend, but of course it didn't show up..

Fast forward to this weekend, I go out to my shop early planning to wrap the car up since I have 7 customers lined up for work, and a bunch of parts for the wife's car. Open the balancer box, pop the seal in, grab the balancer... It's for a v1 or g8 or some shit with no provision for a metco pulley. Fucked again.

So I have my wife contact the vendor, he wants pics of the thing and whatever else, long story short he says send him a screen shot of the one I need... He's like oh well you never sent me a part number so how was I supposed to know... So I tell him obviously I told you it's for an 09 cts-v and this is YOUR fault.. he says he's not gonna argue about it whatever whatever so anyways here I am.

Question is this, there's a new balancer on eBay that's really close to me so it'd be here in a day or two, but I'm not sure if it's a super duty hub or not, and being the weekend I'm assuming the vendor isn't answering my questions because they're closed.

So how important is the super duty hub? I need this thing together off my lift like last week!

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
You can stay with stock lower until you have the one you want. I had to do that because I had forgotten to buy the ATI balancer for the 8.66 I bought from someone.

So for a while I was running around with the 2.38 upper and stock lower.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I really don't want to change the balancer after I put the car back together.
Totally get that, neither did I, but sometimes life makes you do things.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Don’t buy a knockoff balancer.

IW or ATI are you only legit options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get a legit IW balancer, but idk if it's super duty hub or not, just need to know when that becomes a necessity if ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts