Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be wary of this seller, almost six months and still no part or tracking information, barely replies to emails or calls

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Are you talking about Maryland speed?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Brandon at Maryland Speed is a well known con artist on here and other domestic forums. The worst vendor I have ever talked to.

Contact your credit card company and do a chargeback. He will not refund your money and you will never see your shit.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
With Maryland Speed is do not get caught up in his immediate 'FLASH SALE' chat. Immediate deals will only tie your money up for months waiting no matter what you ordered. Very deceptive sales tactic until you read his ridiculous discount policy. If you read that before giving out your credit card info you probably wouldn't buy a bag of skittles from this company. An internet sales company with 'no stock inventory' should have been the first red flag!

Nothing pisses a person off more than to screw with a mans time and or his money... Maryland Speed does both. The time vs savings is not worth the grief!

·
Registered
784 Posts
With Maryland Speed is do not get caught up in his immediate 'FLASH SALE' chat. Immediate deals will only tie your money up for months waiting no matter what you ordered. Very deceptive sales tactic until you read his ridiculous discount policy. If you read that before giving out your credit card info you probably wouldn't buy a bag of skittles from this company. An internet sales company with 'no stock inventory' should have been the first red flag!

Nothing pisses a person off more than to screw with a mans time and or his money... Maryland Speed does both. The time vs savings is not worth the grief!
Don't forget you also get to hear excuses for delays involving the death of his immediate family, extended family, family pets, extended families pets, death of pets from his childhood, and death of future pets.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You should get in contact with your CC company and say you didn’t authorize the transaction without part being in stock. Then you will get your cash back and he will be having officers showing up at his place of business. I actually have done this once before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
If this guy is such trash why is he still a vendor on this site?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Good question that has been asked a million times. Answer is above my pay grade. lol

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
As soon as you bought from Maryland Speed.

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
The site needs to generate revenue. Vendors are "the Product. " Members like us are really the byproduct - which ironically being here helps justify the site's mission of revenue by encouraging said vendors to pay for access.

AKA a double edged sword.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hmm...good question! After doing some research apparently the Corvette Forums ended their relationship with Maryland Speed about 1 year ago and there are a ton of complaints and bad reviews about this company all over the internet. I just recently had to do a charge back because of them for an order I placed back in early February. I wished I did the aforementioned research before but I figured everything should fine if it is a vendor on here. Shame on me for making this foolish assumption.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think he needs to go. This forum was made for the people not venders. If he is that bad and everyone knows when does it become our own stupidity for allowing him to be here.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think he needs to go. This forum was made for the people not venders. If he is that bad and everyone knows when does it become our own stupidity for allowing him to be here.

I agree with you. When you make a transaction for merchandise you expect it within a normal 1-2 week time period from the date of transaction (3 weeks max).

The problem is this vendor does not bring this fact up during the transaction (at least he did not during my transaction) and they expect you to just wait for an indefinite amount of time and use that excuse, “You should’ve requested you needed the merchandise by a certain period of time” if you ever complain after the transaction.

That’s BS and unethical! When you make a transaction you expect it within a normal 1-2 week period. If the merchandise will likely take longer than that, then it is the vendors responsibility to bring that fact to the customers attention during the transaction so the customer can decide if the discounted price is worth the wait.

Case in point, I made another purchase during that same time period from another vendor and they openly acknowledged that it would take 5-6 weeks. The merchandise was worth the wait to me, so I accepted the transaction. The difference is I knew what I was getting into, so I am not complaining.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts