Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like even after the valve cover gaskets were replaced there is still a little leak coming from the valve cover on the passenger side.

With my boost setup(2.55/9.1) and the warm air hitting I have been hitting higher boosts. Could I need a catch can to bleed off the boost in the crank case and this is why the gasket is leaking a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
Having a catch can when stock boost is beneficial. You should definitely have one

·
Registered
821 Posts
Your valve covers should not be leaking regardless of a catch can, but even stock cars need them. When I pulled my lid off to ship the brick out to be reinforced, it was nasty in there. Headers/intake only car with 55k miles.

Seems like you are getting excessive blow-by due to a problem with piston rings, etc, or something is plugging up your valve cover vents.

Reactions: MYV and random84

·
Registered
942 Posts
IMHO, every high performance engine needs a catch can. I have one on both my vehicles.

Reactions: MYV and Morris1100

·
Super Moderator
16,998 Posts
Stock needs a can on the dirty side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: andy13186

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I knew I needed a catch can when I took the blower lid off and saw oil everywhere.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I catch like 4 oz per 3 weeks in my moroso

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is the mighty mouse wild can $340 worth the extra $90 over the Weapon X dual catch can at $249? Been looking into both.

Reactions: Blades1_99
1 - 10 of 10 Posts