Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody had put spacers with the stock wheels to push them out closer to the edge of the fender. If so, what size spacer did you use.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Has anyone actually put spacers with the stock wheels and which size have you put to push the wheels out to make it flush with the fender.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
See what the diff is between the edge of the sidewall and your fender edge. Add appropriate spacer.

Reactions: FlipRay and Omgctsv

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone actually installed spacers with the stock wheels?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Question is, are you asking on stock studs, extended studs, bolt on spacers? Stock studs, most you'd run is 6-7mm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm open to all option. Again, I assume that somebody has already gone through this process and knows exactly what size spacer works in the front and what size spacer works in the back to bring the wheels out so that's perfectly flush with the edge of the fender. This is the question I'm asking. I know I can measure it or try different size spacers but why go through this process if somebody here has already figured this out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don’t know why anyone would want to move the rear wheels out any further as there is not much room for clearance in the stock location. The tires are already flush with the fender/quarter panel. There is such a lack of clearance that lot of people who install lowering kits have to dial in a lot of negative camber in the rear alignment to gain clearance, which is hard on the rear tires.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I run 15mm spacers upfront and longer studs upfront for my track wheels. I have put my factory wheels on with the spacers and they look/fit great. 10mm would probably be more ideal for the front

·
Registered
252 Posts
Deleted post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had Adaptec 15mm spacers on my stock wheels before buying some custom offset VS Forged wheels. 15mm is the thinnest spacer you can go with integrated studs (where you bolt the spacer to the hub and then bolt your wheel to the spacer). If you go with just a straight spacer I don't remember what the thickest you can go safely is but just make sure you have sufficient thread engagement or go with longer studs. If I recall correctly, I think the 15mm on the front was about perfect but ideally the rear might could have used a few mm less. That said, I had no rubbing issues and I was lowered slightly (cut stock springs). I'll see if I can find some pics real quick.

So in the following pics, the spacers are installed on the driver's side of the car and NOT on the passenger side. I tried to include pics that gave you a good comparison.

View attachment 153218

View attachment 153222
View attachment 153221
View attachment 153219

View attachment 153220

View attachment 153223
I appreciate all the info. But I was referring to the V3 generation. That's why I posted the question in this particular forum.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I appreciate all the info. But I was referring to the V3 generation. That's why I posted the question in this particular forum.
Shit, I'm sorry. Here I am trying to be helpful and I'm wasting your time and mine, lol. I got an email notification and clicked the link from there, obviously failing to notice it was in the V3 section. 🤦‍♂️ I'll delete the previous post.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm open to all option. Again, I assume that somebody has already gone through this process and knows exactly what size spacer works in the front and what size spacer works in the back to bring the wheels out so that's perfectly flush with the edge of the fender. This is the question I'm asking. I know I can measure it or try different size spacers but why go through this process if somebody here has already figured this out.

No spacer is needed in the rear. Just switch to a 305/30R19 tire... In the front, you will want to install longer ARP studs and a slip-on 10mm - 15mm spacer. Apex Wheels sells nice ones (I run 15mm but I also run a lot of negative camber for track use) I am asked all the time if its lowered because people love the fit of the wheels

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. Not sure if I want to go with a larger tire in the back. If I don't, what size spacer should I go with so that the back and front are equally flush?

No spacer is needed in the rear. Just switch to a 305/30R19 tire... In the front, you will want to install longer ARP studs and a slip-on 10mm - 15mm spacer. Apex Wheels sells nice ones (I run 15mm but I also run a lot of negative camber for track use) I am asked all the time if its lowered because people love the fit of the wheels View attachment 153236

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts