Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started becuase I needed new rear tires for my stock wheels. My rear wheels looked like hell. The previous owner used them as curb feelers. I wish I had taken pictures of them. The road rash went half way up a few of the spokes on one wheel.

I dropped them off at a local wheel repair shop last Wednesday to have the new tires mounted and balanced. While I was there I asked about having them refinished. The price was reasonable, so I had them do it. I was blown away when I got them back. Other than the pitting on the inner barrel, they look like new.

Well, those look so good now it makes my fronts look bad. A couple years ago, I had a stock front crack. Someone had a pair of silver fronts in the classifieds here with snow tires, so I bought them. They were nicer than mine, but someone had scrubbed them with a scotchbrite pad and the shine was gone. No problem, I'll just polish them.

I used M105 with a microfiber pad and 205 with whatever fine pad I had leftover. I could only polish the face with the machine, so I did what I could by hand on the insides. The results were good enough. Now I have to find a coating to put on them. Any recommendations? I have Carpro Dlux on our Tahoe and It's still holding up so I may just use that again.

before

after

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
That shop did a great job. Almost makes me want to bring my wheels down there. What about a ceramic coating for the fronts? May be difficult with the shape, but that was my first thought.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That shop did a great job. Almost makes me want to bring my wheels down there. What about a ceramic coating for the fronts? May be difficult with the shape, but that was my first thought.
Yes, I'm looking to ceramic coat all 4. I've got an airbrush, so I might try that instead of the by hand method. I'll give the rears a while to outgas before coating them. I won't need these until the drag radials come off in the winter.

https://wheelrepairtn.com/contact-us/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts