732 Posts
Some Z06 Speedlines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: narush

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
I'm assuming that is a wrap? Looks amazing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
thank you! yes it’s wrapped in 3M deep space vinyl. it wasn’t easy getting all the colors to show. i used iphone camera editing lol

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
thank you! yes it’s wrapped in 3M deep space vinyl. it wasn’t easy getting all the colors to show. i used iphone camera editing lol
I'm going to ask the indelicate question. (you're trading it so it somehow seems less gauche)
How much does it cost to have a quality wrap like that done, using the same quality of materials?
The follow-on: how does the wrap (assuming perfect condition) affect the resale?

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Just installed the new VS-02 Gloss Black with tinted face today. 19x11.5 (325/30) and 19x9 (265/35)
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
This was my previous setup: ACE AFF02 Mica Grey with machined face. I will be posting them for sale sometime in the near future.
p6.jpg

Reactions: MrSurly

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
Love the new wheels; the OLD ones are just as slick. What sizes are the old wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Love the new wheels; the OLD ones are just as slick. What sizes are the old wheels?
Thanks!
19x10 and 19x9 or 8.5. Need to look at the invoice to be sure. They held up well and still look new. They even looked great when they were dirty. Hopefully the new set will be the same.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Jim, the new wheels are stunning. Curious, did Jon @ Best Wheel Deal hook you up with this new set?
Yessir he did. Bought my previous set from Jon as well.

Reactions: boostjunky

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm going to ask the indelicate question. (you're trading it so it somehow seems less gauche)
How much does it cost to have a quality wrap like that done, using the same quality of materials?
The follow-on: how does the wrap (assuming perfect condition) affect the resale?
I actually got a hook up on the wrap and labor because one of my close friends here in houston, owns a shop. prices are going to vary from shop to shop, and it also depends on brand/quality/or grade of vinyl. there are a lot of DIY’ers out there and “professionals”. it just depends on how much you want to spend-right? for me: i thought about repainting the car (black raven), but the amount for a quality paint job ended up being almost the same, so i went with a multicolor wrap. the wrap didn’t affect the trade-in value if that’s what you mean by resale. the trade-in was based on negotiations. in the end, sewell cadillac gave me almost $23,000 for my 2012 (with stock wheels and 112,000 miles) which i put toward getting in to a 2019 V3. if i waited, i probably would have gotten more through a private sale, but $23,000 for a 9 year old car with that many miles - i took it and ran lol. the original paint wasn’t bad, there was just a bunch of tiny rock chips and door dings that i hated seeing every time i washed my car. the wrap probably helped (me anyway) because of that. the installers also took care of the dings before they laid the vinyl. i only had the wrap for about 9 months up until the trade in, so it was still very new except for a few scratches under the rocker panels from me hitting the edge of my driveway. i was already in search of a V3 for most of 2020. i just wanted to have some fun with the V2 before i got rid of it. i was very aware that i wasn’t going to gain any kind of value by wrapping it and slapping on some rims. the car did get a few other mods over the past 7 years i’ve had it, that i could have parted out as well. the only items i were able to keep before they delivered the V3 to my driveway, were the aftermarket wheels and aero force gauge.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
That's good news. I had assumed, based on O data, that a wrap would HURT trade-in or resale prices. Primarily because it might be assumed that it could hide screwed up paint or old damage, etc.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Ceramic coated my Streetglide today.
The wheels turned out awesome. Hoping this helps with repelling brake dust.

Going to do Black Betty's Welds soon.

Reactions: SimplyDreamin
221 - 236 of 236 Posts