Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Holy shit I finally get to post in this thread. Thought it would be at least a year or two lol.

Brand spanking new 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 CS-6's from Jon @ Best Wheel Deals.

Reactions: zr1vet

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Have already asked a couple weeks back, he is not giving any info on them since he doesn't want to be responsible. Guess it cost a lot to get them to fit, plus the fact that the hubs have to be milled down. V3 Stock wheels are about 20mm too wide for our cars. So we all just get he tease shots of the one off car that has V3 wheels.
Correct, it was a major PITA to make work and I don't encourage anyone to spend $3200 on a set of wheels just to find out another 3 grand is needed to make work. I will share that milling the wheels will not get you anywhere close to fitting these and is dangerous since it weakens the wheel. To answer another question on what setup these are- full set of the optional midnight silver pocket V3 wheels, front and rear.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Wheel details ? I didn't think I was much of a fan of rocker blades but I like yours ? What brand are those ?
All the aero is my own and since I broke the WXM carbon fiber lip right in my own driveway I made a full splitter out of it to better match the rest of the aero mods. I styled the rocker blades after the C7Z, the diffuser after my electric hair trimmer :D

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
At a glance I immediately thought "damn the V3 looks sexy in black".. Even the quad exhaust lent to that thought..

That V2 looks amazing with the V3 weeks and all the V3-ish apparel.. I'm most interested in those side blades as I already plan on getting the WXM splitter. I'm liking the rear getup as well. Ties together great.. Wow

We need more details!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Here is the final setup with the modified WXM lip. I made an actual "splitter" which eliminated the belly pan and just dressed it with the WXM piece, added 2 polished aluminum inserts to tie together the rocker blades, diffuser, the CF mud guards and even the chrome trim. Done with exterior mods for a while.

20170917_134417.jpg
20170917_105934.jpg
20170917_114253.jpg

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Reactions: teo

·
Registered
580 Posts
Correct, it was a major PITA to make work and I don't encourage anyone to spend $3200 on a set of wheels just to find out another 3 grand is needed to make work. I will share that milling the wheels will not get you anywhere close to fitting these and is dangerous since it weakens the wheel. To answer another question on what setup these are- full set of the optional midnight silver pocket V3 wheels, front and rear.
$6200 in a set of stock wheels?

I will say they look amazing but for that price you could get a set of Savini carbon fiber wheels.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
$6200 in a set of stock wheels?

I will say they look amazing but for that price you could get a set of Savini carbon fiber wheels.
I didn't personally spend that much in the install, just saying how much it would be if you dropped your car off at a shop for all the mods to be done by someone else at $100/hr shop rate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Freshly mounted 17x10 and 17.4.5 forgeline dragpack lowered on d3 springs.

·
Premium Member
17,898 Posts
Freshly mounted 17x10 and 17.4.5 forgeline dragpack lowered on d3 springs.

What rear tires? I could swear it looks like the rotation is backwards in the one shot - assuming those DR's are unidirectional.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They are 315/35/17 MT SS radials. I did happen to correct the rotation as I have never seen front directional tires before.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Forgelines

Welds

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Ace AFF02's stock sizes in Micah Gray with machined face. Finally found the time to remove them to clean the barrels, paint the hats and clean the wheel wells.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead. I realize the offsets are a problem but am in love with this look. Details back in the thread are limited so if I were to get my hands on a set of V3 wheels what exactly am I looking at to get these to fit?

Or.....is there a look alike wheel in the aftermarket?

View attachment 149710
Would love a set as well, but in black. Seems the secrets were never divulged though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Since a lot of guys run 15mm spacers with no issues my guess is the V3 hub face on the wheels were milled to take off around 13mm up front. (28 mm total difference)

For the rears the V3 are 19x10 +39 which is 1mm difference than a set of V2 Coupe Wheels.

I seem to recall guys running V2 Coupe Rears on Sedans and Wagons with out issue. Maybe I'm remembering wrong so I will need to fact check this but if it's true then the rears might be a bolt on.

201 - 220 of 236 Posts