Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Has anyone here utilized Wheel Craft to refinish their OEM wheels? How was quality, cost and service?

Thank you,

John
I use Weldcraft to widen my rears. Is that who you are referring to?

If so, they were great to work with.

BTW I only stumbled upon your question because I am researching front tire wear...since my right front tire is cut on the inside.

· Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Their website says they don't refinish wheels. Apparently no one can refinish these OE wheels.

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Their website says they don't refinish wheels. Apparently no one can refinish these OE wheels.
I had a guy buff out a couple of minor curb scuffs before ceramic coating the wheels. I don't know if that is the "refinishing" you are looking for, but mine came out pretty good for $125/wheel

· Premium Member
4,403 Posts
I had a guy buff out a couple of minor curb scuffs before ceramic coating the wheels. I don't know if that is the "refinishing" you are looking for, but mine came out pretty good for $125/wheel
I've called quite a few rim repair/coaters/refinishing companies within 40 miles of me. Not one was willing to guarantee a perfect outcome of a clearcoat that would look like OE. The easy choice would be to just strip them down and put a colour on, but I'm not looking for that. Aftermarket is always an option too, but I can't commit to a style.....first world problems I guess. 😐

· Registered
464 Posts
I like the OEM polished wheels and want to keep them looking good.

Have had several refinished with varying results - none perfect or long lasting. One company did fronts but came back without as much shine as when I gave them to them... sent back immediately and they polished enough to match the shine. Months later cloudy blotchy clear.... sent back. Maybe a year later something different started happening to clear... sent back again. Even they said something about wishing they knew what clear OEM used. Before the clear failed again, I bent front wheel & blew tire on pothole. Had tire shop send out both fronts under pothole claim. Pretty good results for about 2 years until clear got some small crazing.
On a rear wheel, had a friend at a Lincoln dealer give to his vendor for a no charge crack repair & refinish. No way as shiny as OEM (and a year later crack repair re-cracked).

Luckily there’s brake dust... 🙄

· Registered
4,438 Posts

Reactions: nsaness

· Premium Member
17,762 Posts
Hello,

According to their website, they do not restore wheels. No one seems to be able to polish these OE wheels.
I had a local wheel repair/ refinisher just recoat mine in a metallic gray. The powder coat colors can probably get really close to what you want - and it's cheaper as far less labor. Around $450 for the set

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.