Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the Cadillac dealership for a wheel alignment and the Nordlock washers placement.
I was told by the lead tech that the lower control bolts are NOT reuseable .
Bolt cost is $20. a pair.

It's the bolt in the pic.

To myself I say I never heard any forum member mention this.
Sound like B.S..

But I'm stuck like chuck on this .
Balled tires and clunking don't mix..

They had to order new bolts , will arrive on Saturday. Return on Monday to install.
Will post pics of the washers install

Cadillac Cadillac

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same tire wear issue but the alignment isn't moving around and is in spec. I think there is just a problem with the engineering of the suspension and GM Won't admit it because of the cost it would take for a recall. IMO

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same tire wear issue but the alignment isn't moving around and is in spec. I think there is just a problem with the engineering of the suspension and GM Won't admit it because of the cost it would take for a recall. IMO
GM and GMC is full of it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Likewise, Plan on getting a million miles on the Heavyweight Champ .
This will be my last car payment 4 life.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
He is full of shit on the bolts. If that was the case how would anyone get there car aligned if the dealer doesn't even stock the bolts :rolleyes:. They are not TTY bolts and the if I remember the service manual says nothing about not reusing them.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lead tech said once you removed them out of the arm the manual says throw them away.
Like what manual is he talking about, I should have asked him.

So I'm guessing on wheel alignment u don't remove them u just loosen them and relocate according to the alignment machine and then torque down.

This was a 1st for me.

·
Super Moderator
16,982 Posts
My guess is your tech screwed up and did not torque them enough during alignment, now the surface of the control arm is damaged.

My car has been aligned 2 times without issue and bolts torqued properly. Have not slipped at all.

Inner tire wear still occurs, happened at stock height stock tires stock alignment and did the same lowered on new alignment and new tires.

Nature of the beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't be going back there any more.
I'll take the 55 mile drive to Nashville Cadillac dealer. Plus that tech said my bushing were fine.
After Monday going to get a second opinion..

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
On the lower control arms, you only need to replace the ball joint nut. The control arm front and rear bolts and nuts are reusable.

Install the front lower control arm mounting bolt (1) to tighten to 200 Y (148 lb ft).
Install the rear lower control arm mounting bolt (2) to tighten to 320 Y (236 lb ft).

·
Premium Member
15,012 Posts
Or the stock alignment settings are just aggressive- and the trade off is tire wear?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the message from Creative steel
Jordan Chapin.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Or the stock alignment settings are just aggressive- and the trade off is tire wear?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No, pretty sure it's just shitty suspension :).

Reactions: MYV and adam112

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before & After.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yeah, that front toe was gonna make for a bad day.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The heavyweight champ is riding smooth once again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts