Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking ahead to the first suggested 12,000 km window for tire rotation on the V3. Anything to consider with directionality or transferring wheel/tires from one side to the other? Size is different from back to front.....right?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
I don't think you can rotate them. Different sizes front/rear and if they're directional no left/right swapping either.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
For the V3, you rotate the tires one spot clockwise, so the front passenger to the rear passenger, and so on.

• Wow
Reactions: piening2150

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
I swear, everyday the discussions here get more and more elementary. Common sense isn't so common.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honestly, since the fronts and rears are different, you cant rotate them conventionally. If you have directional tires across the axle, you can "rotate" them by flipping the tires inside out and moving them to the opposite side. That way its still pointing the correct way but you're moving the inside of the tire to the outside kinda deal. Typically, you'll have some more camber wear on the inside than the outside to get your more life out of the tire.

But most tires nowadays are inside/out tires. You can move them to the opposite sides but you'd still have camber wear on the inside. If you're seeing more camber wear on one side/tire, wouldnt be a bad idea to check your alignment spec at that point.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
I cant believe this thread has this many replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? Dumb is funny! C'mon, man!

Reactions: Lt4Mike

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
One day we'll get past the fact that some people read the generic CTS manual that comes with the car, and think that it applies to the V. Like TIRE ROTATION, or adaptive cruise, or auto-folding mirrors, and whatever the f#ck else.

Reactions: Karch and Lt4Mike
1 - 17 of 17 Posts