Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. So the CTS-V has looooong been my dream car, and after probably 15 years of swooning over them I am finally in the position to drop a max of about $40k on one, but I want your expert opinion(s) on what the best year is, within my price range. Obviously, I think the V2 is the clear choice here, but I don't know all of the subtle details between an 2009 and a 2011 or a 2013, etc. Is the newer model always the best, or did they go in reverse with reliability on some parts for the sake of cost, etc. Any and all advice you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to make the mistake I so often have in the past and bought the first "good deal" that comes my way, and then realize later that if I had just gotten one a year different, I could've avoided a big known issue, or had a perk that I wasn't aware of. Thanks in advance!!!

Justin

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Here are a few.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Here are a few.

Crazy question but did you use the search function? Amazing science you exposed here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading a whole bunch of uncertain posts from 5-8 years ago I've concluded that there were basically no important changes. Rain sensing wipers, blind spot monitor, a couple minor badge changes, side vent styling, interior stitching color (seriously, who cares?), and an auto trans update in '12 that made zero difference. Okey doke. Y'all could've just responded with, "no".

·
Registered
693 Posts
HAHAHA!!! I love this place! But as far as I was concerned when I bought my '12 was that a '10 didn't have a backup camera and an '11 did. So I looked for 2011+.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
You're good man. Some of the things you listed might be important to others. For me, back up camera was important.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
After reading a whole bunch of uncertain posts from 5-8 years ago I've concluded that there were basically no important changes. Rain sensing wipers, blind spot monitor, a couple minor badge changes, side vent styling, interior stitching color (seriously, who cares?), and an auto trans update in '12 that made zero difference. Okey doke. Y'all could've just responded with, "no".
so you figured that something had changed in how they produced the car

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so you figured that something had changed in how they produced the car
I didn't know if they switched to stronger rods like they did between the Gen III and Gen IV LS engines, or switched to a different (better) auto trans, or a better torque converter, or if a later year came with more ideal gear ratios or a different optional rear ratio, beefier axles, etc. etc. Basically fixing shortcomings that they realized a year or two after the production of the first V2 in '09.

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
It’s all been posted in this forum many times. Nothing major changed. Read camera, deleted side mirror tilt down on reverse, color changes, colored calipers, more minor stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Basically find one you like. Buy it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Obviously, I think the V2 is the clear choice here, but I don't know all of the subtle details between an 2009 and a 2011 or a 2013, etc.

Any and all advice you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to make the mistake I so often have in the past and bought the first "good deal" that comes my way, and then realize later that if I had just gotten one a year different, I could've avoided a big known issue, or had a perk that I wasn't aware of. Thanks in advance!!!
This is what you asked for.....

and this is what you got. Sounds like subtle details and perks to me.

Just sayin' :unsure: :)

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,118 Posts
Wait a damned minute! “Mirror tilt down on reverse”!!!!! Deleted!!!!?????
But I WANT that!
Retrofit-able?

Also, I wanted the rear camera, just to get the pop up screen function. I didn’t care if the camera was good, I just wanted the pop up dash to wow the crowds.
Turns out, it was damned fortunate that I didn’t care if the camera sucked....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts