Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<What would you do?> Random's personal drama thread

So, here's a hypothetical question:

You and your neighbor share the automotive enthusiast passion. You both have supercharged performance vehicles of competing brands (ie Dodge vs Ford vs GM), and you're the only two "car guys" on the street. Future plans to go to the drag strip, maybe a dyno day, etc. Families hang out on occasion, kids are similar ages, and all that jazz but it's mostly you and him bonding in the garage. You would - hypothetically - stop by and bullshit whenever the other has his garage open, etc.

Since you have been talking about tuning issues limiting your burn-out abilities recently, the concept is fresh. Randomly, neighbor does a pretty narly slow-roll 150 foot burn out in front of your house (and the two after yours) one day, while you and your family inside watching TV. We're talking "the smoke lingers for several minutes" kind of narly, but he controls it well and his vehicle probably tops out at ~10mph during the display; aside from the noise and rubber marks, that's it. For background, the street is deserted without pedestrians or traffic, but it is a 25mph residential neighborhood in daylight hours (it's 40 fucking degrees outside so everyone is indoors).

What would YOU do:

A: Return the favor with a 200 foot burn out in front of his house the next day.
B: Shake your head / mention it at the next garage meeting / send a snarky text message basically saying that's dumb - please don't do it again.
C: Laugh out loud / walk over to your neighbor's house / send a text message basically saying how fucking awesome that was - you're a cool dude and I'm glad we're neighbors. <hi-five>
D: Call your neighbor to castigate him: what he was thinking? You don't want to have to look at the rubber marks! Then your wife will text his wife to further complain about how tacky that was.
E: Anonymously call the cops.
F: Ignore it altogether, burn outs are dumb but to each their own.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I'd do all of the above and blame the cop call on the other neighbors.

Honestly though - burnouts in a residential neighborhood regardless of how deserted they may be are not cool IMO. 40 degrees....now that's cool!

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
I would ignore it and maybe later say it’s not my thing.

Then again, I haven’t seen too many of my neighbors try it in their Priuses, or the lone Tesla on my street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I would ignore it and at the next "garage party", I would mention it. The wife and I were out of town but did you see who the douche was that did the burn out on our street, that was completely reckless. Let that hang for a moment or two, I'm just screwing with you, glad to see you finally got your POS back on the street...........

I did have a kid in the neighborhood that would fly by the house, finally got tired of it and backed the p/u into his parents driveway. I was just powering up to give an appropriate smoke show when his Dad came running out of the garage. What the hell are you doing. Tired of your kid going past the house at 60 in a 25, and I thought I would return the favor. I was completely stunned when he said, give me 30 seconds. He returned with his 16 year old son by the ear, dragging him to my vehicle. Kid promptly apologized and said it would never happen again. Father asks, are we good, my response, we are. That was probably three years ago, kid still goes by at 25.

That being said, I view a 10 mph burn out completely different than excessive speed. Could someone view it differently and get pissed about it, sure. In that case I would just apologize and move on.

My $0.02

·
Premium Member
3,480 Posts
1. It's spelled gnarly
B. Have you mowed the entrance to the neighborhood yet?
iii. Does this guy know you lost Fob?
*. Is the theoretical burnout before or after the county fixed their website/assessment?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'd take my hose and create a water box in front of his driveway. When he comes out to ask about it, I'd give him shit. Then do competing burnouts.

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1. It's spelled gnarly
B. Have you mowed the entrance to the neighborhood yet?
iii. Does this guy know you lost Fob?
*. Is the theoretical burnout before or after the county fixed their website/assessment?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the spelling correction - I googled and fucked that up.

I asked the neighbors on each side if they'd mow... they said "sure!" Problem solved.

County updated the number of beds & baths. then refy lady - who only deals in "facts" - updated her appraisal and all is good.

Theoretical burn out would potentially have been today while no one else was around... and "D" is the correct answer: call your neighbor to complain about having to look at tire marks (next to rotting lumber placed in street / storm drain so your lowered Mustang can get into the driveway....), then bitch to your wife so she can text neighbors wife and complain about how tacky it was.

Considering that both dudes were friends - I'd be fine with the guy saying "hey man, not cool" and leaving it at that. But when the wives get into it... lol. Now I'm annoyed too and it will be tough to have any kind of trust going forward. Neighbor is a bit prissy about stuff but maybe I'm the asshole and it is what it is.

Seems like we're all really motivated to suck the fun out of everything these days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thank you for the spelling correction - I googled and fucked that up.

I asked the neighbors on each side if they'd mow... they said "sure!" Problem solved.

County updated the number of beds & baths. then refy lady - who only deals in "facts" - updated her appraisal and all is good.

Theoretical burn out would potentially have been today while no one else was around... and "D" is the correct answer: call your neighbor to complain about having to look at tire marks (next to rotting lumber placed in street / storm drain so your lowered Mustang can get into the driveway....), then bitch to your wife so she can text neighbors wife and complain about how tacky it was.

Considering that both dudes were friends - I'd be fine with the guy saying "hey man, not cool" and leaving it at that. But when the wives get into it... lol. Now I'm annoyed too and it will be tough to have any kind of trust going forward. Neighbor is a bit prissy about stuff but maybe I'm the asshole and it is what it is.

Seems like we're all really motivated to suck the fun out of everything these days.

Bang his wife, that will change the subject.

I'm sure my neighbors think I'm tacky. Got sand at the curb to buffer the monster drop from driveway to street. Not motivated yet to drop $6k on new concrete to fix it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
F. But only if you'd done one before and he let it slide. Then mention that you both have kids and that you BOTH shouldn't do it anymore and you're sure the other neighbors didn't appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Growing up my neighbors would have parties and drink beer and do big bleach burnouts in the street in front of our driveway. It was awesome.

Also my parents and their friends used to have a party every year where they would take an old beater and take all the oil out of the engine, put a brick on the accelerator and take bets on how long before the thing seized or blew up. lol

So to answer your question, I would clutch my pearls and call the cops and tell them a dangerous man is terrorizing our neighborhood and that they better come down asap guns blazing.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Assuming he has a driveway in the front of his house: pull into his driveway, and rev the motor several times as you call him from your cell phone. Tell him to look outside.

Once he comes out to see what you are up to, start doing donuts in his driveway freely allowing the ass-end of your car to swing into his yard and trench up the turf (don't worry if you take out his mailbox in the process, it'll totally be worth it). Do 6-7 full loops (cut-outs open if you got 'em).

While he stands on his porch in disbelief, open your car door leaving your vehicle sideways in his yard, run right up to him, and shit on his front porch. When he asks you what the hell you are doing, completely ignore the question and instead pinch off the last turd, scootch across his front door mat (like a dog with worms) to wipe your ass and respond that you banged his wife.

Abruptly stand up, pull up your pants, run back to your car, put it in 3rd and spin the tires all the way out of his front yard leaving a big trench while banging the rev limiter the whole time with cutouts still open and setting fire to some of his bushes as you drive off the curb.

Go down the street a bit and do a U-turn and drive back by (at 25mph, mind you) to check out your good work. Roll the window down with radio cranked up and do the head-banger thing to your song while holding your hand out the window with index and pinky finger up hard-core rocker style and yell, "HELL YEAH! WOO-HOO!!!" as you roll by.

That's what I would do. But hey, that's just me.

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How did this turn into a poop thread?

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Burnouts in a neighborhood aren't cool. I have done it but realized its an invite for the cops to pay more attention. All my burnouts are now on rural roads not near any houses. And in parking lots. And in the street in front of my factories. And of course at the track.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I think my comment at the next garage meeting would be,, nice burnouot BTW (or surprised it could even do that), oh and thanks for making my house look like a bunch of rednecks live there..
I love doing burnouts, I just have made it a point to not be in "MY" neighborhood when it happens..!! In someone elses.. who gives a fuck..

1 - 20 of 155 Posts