Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a part number or at least a name for these bumper guards? I can't even find them on a parts diagram and mine are trashed.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The rockauto ones are suitable for looks, they are more prone to cracking when they collide with something. Something bout the oem ones because they tend to bend more before breaking and last a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was looking to replace mine, they’re weathered and faded and scuffed. Are they black when new or grey? Not to hijack thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Most of the videos I've seen about front end splitters have those guards removed.
If you are thinking about replacing, maybe it's time to tech refresh.

I put black vinyl wrap on mine for now. Just $0.02...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Fucking Squirrels. I've done mine twice. I need to find someone who molds this from a poisonous plastic so, through the miracle of natural selection, eventually my neighborhood will be devoid of splitter-eating tree rats.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It's actually a bio-plastic, derived from corn or potatos or something. The critters seem to think it tastes good. I'm thinking maybe it was just one squirrel who decided to give it a try one day and then kept coming back. The set I put on last fall have yet to be chewed. Squirrels only live a couple of years. Maybe mine died finally.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's actually a bio-plastic, derived from corn or potatos or something. The critters seem to think it tastes good. I'm thinking maybe it was just one squirrel who decided to give it a try one day and then kept coming back. The set I put on last fall have yet to be chewed. Squirrels only live a couple of years. Maybe mine died finally.
I know they sure love soy based wiring insulation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts