Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of welds for a sedan. 18" front and 17" rears. Im specifically asking what to use on the rear. Ive done some research and seen that you should use a Mickey Thomson 295 correct? What size sidewall do you use. Any help would be appreciated.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
305/45/17 et-r for the rear

185 or whatever size m&h front that everyone else runs.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
as long as you arent lowered go with the above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I have one more question and this may sound dumb but with with 305/45/17 can you still ride people around in the back without rubbing? My car was lowered and that's what I put on it the 305/45/17's. It rubbed bad like that. So I put stock springs back on it and it still rubbed. I even went to the extent to put some spacers on there and seemed ok but when I would do a hard pull and it would squat or I had friends in it it would still rub really bad. Needles to say with stock springs and spacers it was still rubbing. What I may be thinking is they maybe wheels for a coupe and be either 10.5 or 11" wheels and spaced out too far. What you guys think? When you have 305's on at stock height can you ride other people in the car and not rub? the tires will be for daily use not just at the track so I need ones that fit and I can carry multiple passengers. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have Welds S77's on the rear, but I thought about running Welds on all corners as a daily. (on drag weekends I would swap my Pilot Sports to DR) Does anyone know what size fronts and what brand you run for daily driving. I am a lowered V. I tried the 185/50/18 and they rub like crazy.

I was thinking the 18x5 would be to skinny so I was thinking maybe the 18x8 or 18x9???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Welds S77's on the rear, but I thought about running Welds on all corners as a daily. (on drag weekends I would swap my Pilot Sports to DR) Does anyone know what size fronts and what brand you run for daily driving. I am a lowered V. I tried the 185/50/18 and they rub like crazy.

I was thinking the 18x5 would be to skinny so I was thinking maybe the 18x8 or 18x9???
i know this is a very very old thread but i'm looking into tire sizes now myself. i have a lowered coupe (eibach springs uncut) and was looking at m&h 185/50r18, which seems lower diameter (26") than the m&h 28" front runners. are you saying these will rub? front wheel is 18x5.
planning on going 305/45/r17 MT's in the back. i've read that this setup seems like it wont rub, but are you saying it will? again sorry to bring up such an old post but i wanted to know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts