Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know what the lug nut size is? I want to buy after market Black Gorilla lug nuts but can't seem to find the correct size. I think they are 14mm x 1.50 acorn style. I'm picking up a new 2018 on Wednesday and wanted to have them then

·
Registered
812 Posts
Did anyone buy the black set 71643NBC? The reviews on Amazon are brutal. I was going to pull the trigger but rusty and scratched brand new plus they peel? Could be former Corvette owners they cry about everything but wanted to check.

The chrome OEM nuts on the black wheels look stupid but the lock from the "Security package" is just shitty. Looks like they raided the truck parts bin.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Nice thanks fellas for the feedback.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is the set of black McGard lugnuts I got for my V2 and they looked to be a nice quality. Only 1 of the nuts is a locking nut.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
This is going to sounds like a dumb question but I did my research first! There is no lug nut torque in the manual - no spare why would you ever loosen the nuts I guess!!. Online, including this site, I have seen 100 , 110 and 140 ft-lbs for the lug nut torque. Anyone have the GM spec for the V3 cars?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just did this research as well, because I wanted to get black lug nuts & wheel locks for mine. I went with:
McGard Part No. 84527
Thread Size:M14 x 1.5
Hex Size:22mm
Overall Length:1.635
Seat/Style:Cone Seat Nut
Lug nut torque: 140 lb/ft (manual page 360)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Kyle can you post a pic of the OEM nut next to the McGard nut? The Gorilla nuts I used had the same diameter tapered seat but it was not as thick. Also the poverall nut is thinner because it does not have a hex. Overall they are lighter.

Someone mentioned wheel click - I thought that was a V2 thing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kyle can you post a pic of the OEM nut next to the McGard nut? The Gorilla nuts I used had the same diameter tapered seat but it was not as thick. Also the poverall nut is thinner because it does not have a hex. Overall they are lighter.

Someone mentioned wheel click - I thought that was a V2 thing?
I haven’t noticed any wheel click. Here are before & after on the car. I’ll pull one and take some close-ups tomorrow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wwp0cxnbky402u/2019-03-29%2019.52.51.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtn7di9rg035ghl/2019-03-29%2020.25.32.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
812 Posts
Quick follow up - I did re-torque the nuts after ~1k miles and they seemed to be still at or near the torque. No click or other noises etc. Nice upgrade.

Reactions: Kyle_B
1 - 15 of 15 Posts