Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what code scanner do you use? Does everyone pretty much use HP Tuners? I used EFI Live for my 95 SC Riviera but didn't know they were still around. HP Tuners allows a lot more functionality like actual tuning, and so does EFI Live I'm sure. Are there decent quality scanner only devices?

The GM Tech II was always the shit when I had my Riviera and I'm sure they still are. I don't think there's any tuning available with those, not that I'm a legend tuner or anything. But they always seemed to do it all from engine to abs to trans to body module to airbag modules to everything. I think those cover the 2011 V2's.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
115 Posts
I personally have the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, the Scantool MX+ w/OBDLink app and Torque Pro app, and a mid-grade Amazon hand held plug-in scanner. I mostly used the MX+ on my car, and the handheld for everyone else's cars. Haven't had the opportunity to use the Aeroforce for a code yet

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

I just ordered the HP tuners MPVI2+ with pro features along with 4 credits. Been on the fence with this setup for the Camaro for years but figured might as well get it for both. One set of hardware but credits for both vehicles. I like the ability to tune, modify, scan, log, all with one tool. And then there's the TrackAddict software they have that works in conjunction with the data and GPS with a track map. If I'm not mistaken I believe it has some sort of auto-tuning algorithm that works with analog o2 sensor inputs too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.