Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was shocked to learn that one of the V3 I negotiated before getting mine in January last year is still on the dealer lot!!
It is optioned almost exactly like mine (minus the black wheels and minus a bunch of added dealer BS that mine had).
So it stickers for 103K now they are willing to let it go (advertised) for 93K....for reference, mine was stickering (with the added dealer fluff) for 115K and I got it for 88K.
We are talking a car that has been on that lot for at least one year and 3 months (it was already there in October 2018) and possibly quite more.
It has been inside and outside of the showroom so going through its second winter just sitting there and probably with quite few joy rides on its shoulders.
Nobody in his right mind is going to dump 90K on that car so unless they are willing to negotiate down at least another 10K (and possibly more) is going to be on that lot for long time.
What happen in this case?? Any holdback, showroom dealer incentive and an other kickbacks from the manufacturer are long gone and every month the dealer has to pay the financing of that car.
What will be the likely resolution?? Will they dump it in the wholesale market getting peanuts?? Why not making a published extremely inviting offer to try to unload it?? Are they going to eat the losses??

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
There is a very similar situation currently with new, unsold 2018 Durango SRT's. There are almost 100 of them nationwide. 2019's and 2020's are being advertised for less. I have no idea what these dealers are thinking. It is only a matter of time until they make their way to auction and huge losses.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Being blue, I’m kinda surprised they are having a hard time unloading it. There are a pile of people out there that will walk up and pay sticker price, suppose they are waiting for that...

·
Registered
100 Posts
They are holding firm on this one to make up for the deal they gave you

No clue what they are thinking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are holding firm on this one to make up for the deal they gave you

No clue what they are thinking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got my V3 from another dealership which had quite few CTS-V (4 or 5) and they sold all of them within few months....I think they got a better pulse of the local market and knew what a realistic selling price should be.....but, again, I'm trying to understand what will happen to this car.....will they unload it at some point??

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got my V3 from another dealership which had quite few CTS-V (4 or 5) and they sold all of them within few months....I think they got a better pulse of the local market and knew what a realistic selling price should be.....but, again, I'm trying to understand what will happen to this car.....will they unload it at some point??

Unload? Maybe not. It's an odd situation but the reason they won't sell it for lower is/has been a desire to make at least X in profit but the reality is X is getting further and further away each month as the dealer pays floor financing charges. At some point maybe the owner swoops by and picks up the car for a family member? (Odds are she/he already has a V and or something nicer.)

The market for 2-year old discontinued domestic luxury performance cars has to be getting smaller by the day...
I bet they have to move the price down once the pricing and release date for the CT5-V Blackwing comes out.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I got my 14 Coupe at a discount because it'd been sitting on the showroom floor for almost a year. No one wanted to buy a 2-door manual transmission supercharge Cadillac apparently. The salesman who'd brought the car to the dealership in a trade with another in Virginia was desperate to sell the car. He'd been taking a lot of heat. Didn't even do the stupid dickering game on the price I offered (which was about $8K less than sticker). Insisted I keep the motor under 4K RPM for the test drive, though.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Rocket I would have had the sales guy shitting his pants on that test drive!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's really up to the dealership how much the tare willing to make or lose on the car. Lexus sold 1 LFA in 2019, Dodge sold 3 Vipers in December alone. I guess at some point someone will come around wanted the car and buy it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
There are those stories about the old muscle cars that are still technically new cars on MSO, never sold by the dealer and never titled. This is how that happens. You can't really say what they will do because keeping the car forever is an option. The auction you speak of that the car may eventually go to could be BJ in 25 years.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Far less interesting, but last I knew there were still quite a few new unsold Darts sitting around. And then the cars already mentioned like the LFAs, I thought it was 3 LFAs but either way, they're a few years old and new ones are still out there awaiting purchase. I wonder if at this point you still have to lease them for 2 years. I would hope they just let you buy them now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a very similar situation currently with new, unsold 2018 Durango SRT's. There are almost 100 of them nationwide. 2019's and 2020's are being advertised for less. I have no idea what these dealers are thinking. It is only a matter of time until they make their way to auction and huge losses.
I picked up a "new" 18 DSRT for $48 (2k miles).. I know it had a bunch of crappy test drives, but no worse than the driving I do on bad roads in Dallas.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
That's what it's worth. Then there are these super geniuses:
To be fair, that is the sticker price, not a bullshit ADM :oops:. Not that it makes it any more realistic...

But it's a "Mopar Edition"! So rare and desirable!!!

Waiting to see the MSRP and ADM on the HC Durangos.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
To be fair, that is the sticker price, not a bullshit ADM :oops:. Not that it makes it any more realistic...

But it's a "Mopar Edition"! So rare and desirable!!!

Waiting to see the MSRP and ADM on the HC Durangos.
Most of the unsold 18's are Mopar editions. Worst value add ever. $7.5 for some Mopar logos and badges, plus a black hood. What a joke.

I would think the MSRP of a DHC would be @ $5k less than what the Trackhawks are. Unless they keep production numbers low, they will sit on lots for a good bit after the initial feeding frenzy.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Most of the unsold 18's are Mopar editions. Worst value add ever. $7.5 for some Mopar logos and badges, plus a black hood. What a joke.

I would think the MSRP of a DHC would be @ $5k less than what the Trackhawks are. Unless they keep production numbers low, they will sit on lots for a good bit after the initial feeding frenzy.
Agreed. Actually, 8k for stickers, but hey you get a black roof too! And still an extra 1k for different wheels! "Value", ha!

·
Registered
521 Posts
They may have to replace the tires, because they will get flat spots for sitting to long. and may never completely round out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts