Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I'm closing in, on finishing up, buying my parts that I want to install on my V2 M6 Sedan. I'm curious as to what else I'm forgetting to get that will complete my second run of mods. I'm wanting to know if I NEED something that I haven't already purchased or am going to. Please chime in if I def. need something to make my parts and car work flawlessly mostly as a DD and a few times on the track a year.
1st Run of Mods.:Corsa catback & Corsa CAI.
2nd run (Need to be installed):Lingenfelter 630hp Package- 2.55 Upper Pulley, Metco 100mm idler pulley, Solid isolator, 160F Thermostat, Belt, ID1000 Injectors, E85 sensor kit, ATI Harmonic Balancer Kit w/ 8.6 lower ring, extra Lingenfelter 9.17 Lower ring, and WeaponX 36" HE "Low Mount Double Wide".
Pending Purchase: Longtube Headers, X-pipe, High Flow HE Pump kit, Lid Spacer, and 102mm NW TB, NGK TR7 or TR8ix plugs, extra set of drag radials w/rims, ZL1 lid conversion kit w/ large AN fittings, & Tune.
Do I need: Catch cans (What would you recommend?), idler pulley relocation bracket?, Upgrade Fuel pumps (with this list?)
Other than the mods above, I only plan on Porting/polishing the supercharger & heads, and upgrading the springs, retainers, etc.
Let me know what ya'll recommend???
Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
21,854 Posts
I would be happy to help with a CNC ported blower.

Relocation bracket is nice to have, but not mandatory. I chose to use it on mine with the same pulleys as you stated.

Fuel pumps needs if flex fuel or E85, not on gasoline.

I don't see a cam in the list. Is that me missing it, you forgetting it, or staying on a stock one.

If stock one, no need for 102tb, at all, nor long tubes, IMO.

Heads? No heads? I have a couple options on those, if interested.

Good luck with the build.

For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
687 Posts
Karch is on point, with the questions and suggestions

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
here nor there
4,201 Posts
you will need a tune with the pulley changes. And retune if. You plan on doing the headers and other stuff later. If you plan on running true E85 then you will probably need a fuel system upgrade. You might get by with a mix of 93/E85

Good luck with you build.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
From what I've seen with other set ups you might get by on corn with a bap instead of new pumps with a stock or ls9 cam.

No need for a 102 tb with a 4" intake. Stock lower idler, maybe larger upper. Stock bracket with a 8.6 lower here.

If you are removing the heads to port (no polishing needed), might as well add a cam and better lifters. Kind of pointless to get ported heads with a stock cam IMO. You can get a cam that still gives more power with stock manners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply. I do NOT want to use a BAP, but am not aware of which replacement pumps I should get? I do want to be able to use both E85 or 93 (Is that possible?) I'll keep you in mind for thee supercharger porting, but that will be down the line after this round of installs. Looks like my 3rd round seems might have to changed up, Supercharger porting, cam, 102mm TB, and head work. I bought a WeaponX 36" Low Mount Double-wide HE.
I would be happy to help with a CNC ported blower.

Relocation bracket is nice to have, but not mandatory. I chose to use it on mine with the same pulleys as you stated.
Fuel pumps needs if flex fuel or E85, not on gasoline.

I don't see a cam in the list. Is that me missing it, you forgetting it, or staying on a stock one.

If stock one, no need for 102tb, at all, nor long tubes, IMO.

Heads? No heads? I have a couple options on those, if interested.

Good luck with the build.

For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I did plan on getting a tune, but haven't decided who to go with. Any recommendations? Also, what fuel system would you recommend? I do not like the idea of using a BAP. Rather get a new system than a temp. fix. Thanks again.
you will need a tune with the pulley changes. And retune if. You plan on doing the headers and other stuff later. If you plan on running true E85 then you will probably need a fuel system upgrade. You might get by with a mix of 93/E85

Good luck with you build.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input. I want to avoid using a BAP and would rather buy a new fuel system so I do not have to modify more than once as I add to it. So I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to supercharger mods. With that said, is there 2 idler pulleys, a lower and a upper? With the heads, what parts would you recommend? Lastly, what cam options would be a good fit? Thanks again.
From what I've seen with other set ups you might get by on corn with a bap instead of new pumps with a stock or ls9 cam.

No need for a 102 tb with a 4" intake. Stock lower idler, maybe larger upper. Stock bracket with a 8.6 lower here.

If you are removing the heads to port (no polishing needed), might as well add a cam and better lifters. Kind of pointless to get ported heads with a stock cam IMO. You can get a cam that still gives more power with stock manners.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Zl1 lid and lid spacer probably will give you clearance issues on stock hood. I'd ditch the lid spacer imo.

Weapon x catch can will do the job, I have a might mouse pcv can and it's great.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input. Do you know if a spacer with the stock lid will cause clearance issues? Once I'm done with the first 3 rounds of mods I plan on modifying the exterior and will include a Carbon Fiber hood. Thanks again.
Zl1 lid and lid spacer probably will give you clearance issues on stock hood. I'd ditch the lid spacer imo.

Weapon x catch can will do the job, I have a might mouse pcv can and it's great.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I think with stock lid you are OK. I'm not sure what gains the lid spacer will give you. Now if it was tapped for spray.... lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol, I've read that it helps with ATI's...? I'm still researching into the spacer.
I think with stock lid you are OK. I'm not sure what gains the lid spacer will give you. Now if it was tapped for spray.... lol

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Pick your poison on the fuel system.
In summary from what I've gathered: You can pay a few $k and not be able to use the last 1/4 of the tank with the squash or fore. Pay ~$1k and have to drill your tank for dsteck's aux pump (the route I'm leaning towards), the deutsch is out for you due to apparently needing a bap to not throw codes.

·
here nor there
4,201 Posts
Thanks, I did plan on getting a tune, but haven't decided who to go with. Any recommendations? Thanks again.
If you just need a tune I recommend Alex Peitz at Peitz Performance Tunes. His is setup at SeriousHP right now while his shop is being built. He is on the west side. I really like Justin White and other V owners seem to be happy with his work, I don't have personal experience with his work. Then there is GForce in Pearland. They have been working on V's and tuning tons and tons of V's with great results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts