Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1011 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
When you leave a car on a 2 post lift, it allows the suspension to hang at full droop. Apparently, leaving the suspension unloaded is no bueno. Or at least that is what i've always been told. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is that a 2 post lift? Please tell me you don't leave your car up there.
I do leave it up there for the winter months. I have also herd about the suspension hanging. I will let you know if the rumor is true. Plus that will give me an excuse to get a new suspension components. I went back and forth on two post or 4 post and in the end I wanted to wrench on my car instead of having cool expensive storage.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Just inherited a pretty clean ‘05 Heritage Softail firefighters edition, my dad is getting older and didn’t feel comfortable riding anymore. I need to change a few things out to make it closer to my “style” and I have not rode in a few years, but I will get some use out it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Just inherited a pretty clean ‘05 Heritage Softail firefighters edition, my dad is getting older and didn’t feel comfortable riding anymore. I need to change a few things out to make it closer to my “style” and I have not rode in a few years, but I will get some use out it.

The heritage is one of my favorite bikes I’ve had my eye on for a while (well that and the h2 ) . Would def consider one of those when I outgrow sport bikes or have enough room to have some of each. Always room for a cruiser! I’ve honestly never had a cruise unless a cb750 or cb126 counts. Also looking forward to NH motorcycle week this June even more now.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
The heritage is one of my favorite bikes I’ve had my eye on for a while (well that and the h2 ) . Would def consider one of those when I outgrow sport bikes or have enough room to have some of each. Always room for a cruiser! I’ve honestly never had a cruise unless a cb750 or cb126 counts. Also looking forward to NH motorcycle week this June even more now.

The only bikes I have owned/rode was an early 2000’s CBR929. Definitely different ride. A lot heavier and handles different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My v shares the garage with a 2003 Toyota Tundra and a hobie pro angler kayak.

·
Registered
2011 cts v coupe
298 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motocross Enduro Sky

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
I do leave it up there for the winter months. I have also herd about the suspension hanging. I will let you know if the rumor is true. Plus that will give me an excuse to get a new suspension components. I went back and forth on two post or 4 post and in the end I wanted to wrench on my car instead of having cool expensive storage.
That's probably more relevant for older shocks and / or higher miles, where debris will build up around the shaft. Then full drop gets the debris in under seals and contributes to leaking.

But I can't see how it would hurt any other component.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Chinese made KPR200. I've had it for a couple months now and bought it to save on fuel. Specs say 106mpg and it has a 3.7 gallon tank. The first fill up netted right at 100mpg so I'm happy with the economy of this bike. Before buying this, I hadn't ridden in over 10 years and it's fun to be on 2 wheels again.

981 - 1000 of 1011 Posts