Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
4561 - 4580 of 4603 Posts

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Got a new gallon of Sticky Snowball Car Wash, a new 50' power washer hose and new short wand to keep her clean.

Liquid Fluid Food Plastic bottle Bottle

· Premium Member
4,444 Posts
Got a new gallon of Sticky Snowball Car Wash, a new 50' power washer hose and new short wand to keep her clean.

View attachment 163856
What's the scent of that one? I've been using CG Black Light Hybrid suds with good results and heavy cling, rinses easily.

· Premium Member
13,953 Posts
it was spa day for the V

i washed, changed over to all seasons, took the bumper off to clean up behind it, changed the wiper blade inserts, cleaned the inside of the windows, polished the strut bar a little and conditioned the leather.
its raining so Ill keep it inside and go for an inspection Monday .

· Registered
1,911 Posts
What's the scent of that one? I've been using CG Black Light Hybrid suds with good results and heavy cling, rinses easily.
It has a Cherry sent, and it's actually quite nice. TONS of really thick suds and cling. My foam cannon is just the cheap $10 Amazon one with an upgraded 1.1 mm internal nozzle.

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
461 Posts
Found a set of welds I couldn’t pass up on. The rears currently have 275’s so those will be getting switched to 305’s
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
461 Posts
17x10

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

· Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Reactions: Rekkr

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
461 Posts
Thanks. Had a set of vms wheels previously and they were kinda garbage as far as fitment and weight went. The welds are so much lighter! Hopefully heading back to the track on the 14th to see how the new wheels do.

· Registered
56 Posts
Nothing major this weekend, just some Chicago screws to cover up the holes in my splitter after trimming it and a cheapo rear diffuser.

View attachment 163900
View attachment 163901
View attachment 163899
Thanks for sharing these pics -- I've been trying to visualize what I'd like to do for the rear of my Black Raven sedan and this is really helpful to see. Pretty much confirms that I need to: black out the chrome trim piece (plastidip vs. 3M cover TBD), add a spoiler (in the plans) and I really like the look of the diffuser. If you don't mind my asking, would you be willing to share the details on what you did for those three items? Specifically curious where you found the spoiler and rear diffuser. Thanks!

· Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for sharing these pics -- I've been trying to visualize what I'd like to do for the rear of my Black Raven sedan and this is really helpful to see. Pretty much confirms that I need to: black out the chrome trim piece (plastidip vs. 3M cover TBD), add a spoiler (in the plans) and I really like the look of the diffuser. If you don't mind my asking, would you be willing to share the details on what you did for those three items? Specifically curious where you found the spoiler and rear diffuser. Thanks!
The blacked out trim pieces were done by previous owner. As far as I can tell, they masked off and sprayed some of the trim that way (especially around the windows, they may have removed the other pieces. Even my grille was painted, which has been a bitch to keep touched up from rock chips). I wish I knew the paint code because it does have some metallic flake in it even though it's more of a matte sheen, similar to the satin graphite wheel paint I guess.

Same situation for the spoiler, although I believe it's a weaponX boomerang carbon spoiler.

The diffuser I got from ebay for $20 (Here). They make fake CF ones too but I opted for plain black. They are all the same Chinese product, so don't be fooled by any with higher prices on Amazon or whatever. I taped it where I wanted it to be (it fits EXACTLY in the middle of the bumper from end to end), I then drilled 10 pilot holes in various places along the edge of the diffuser. Removed the diffuser, countersunk the holes and then used some black painted #9 3/4" screws from Ace hardware (Hillman Link OR 30 Pack on Amazon) and reinstalled. The diffuser comes with some double sided tape and some crappy screws (way too long, silver heads) to use, but I didn't use either of those to install it.

· Registered
166 Posts
FINALLY got time to get my trans reinstalled in the car after 4 months of being delayed because of OT at work . Also because of that delay I forgot, Does anyone have a clear picture of where the slave line bolts to or remember off the top of ur head.

Does it go under one of the bell housing bolts or am I missing a nut if it goes on one of the studded bolt heads

Also finally got my creative steel shifter and new knob in that ive had for about 6 months ^_^

Gotta bleed the clutch and finish putting the plug wires and coils back in and she should hopefully be all good to go

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
1,155 Posts
FINALLY got time to get my trans reinstalled in the car after 4 months of being delayed because of OT at work . Also because of that delay I forgot, Does anyone have a clear picture of where the slave line bolts to or remember off the top of ur head.

Does it go under one of the bell housing bolts or am I missing a nut if it goes on one of the studded bolt heads

Also finally got my creative steel shifter and new knob in that ive had for about 6 months ^_^

Gotta bleed the clutch and finish putting the plug wires and coils back in and she should hopefully be all good to go

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

· Registered
4,578 Posts
Ordered new PS4s for the rear. Being installed early Friday morning before heading over to Cadillac Attack 2023.

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

· Registered
'12 Coupe 6m 627whp/669wtq
264 Posts
Been doing a good bit the last few weeks. Core Shifter, V3 carbon front lip, rotors/pads and last week installed a Zl1 lid w/reinforced brick and a Varimax pump. HOLY HELL what a difference.

I had previously installed an expansion tank and low mount HX. There was always a minimum 30-35* variance in IAT2's compared to IAT1. With this new setup I'm averaging 14-17* and it drops SO fast after a pull. Incredibly happy with it.

I also spent far too many hours trying to fix my QTP cutouts. I put them on the car 5 years ago when I first got it because it was stock and far too quiet. Needless to say they stayed opened for basically the entire time. Now that I have headers and an x-pipe the car is way too loud with them open. Hit the remote, no luck. Climb under and find that the pins got pulled out of the harness god knows how long ago.

Remove the valves and solder on new harnesses for the whole set up. Check fuses, power and wouldn't you know- the ground got burned up. I'm guessing it shorted from having the open wires under the car. Get that squared away and only 1 of the cutouts will work. Swapped harnesses with the same result. Order a new motor for it, installed and still no luck. For the life of me I can't figure out the issue. Butterfly moves freely without the motor connected, motor still won't move without the butterfly connected. I need to just get rid of them I really don't feel like spending $2k on a Corsa that won't improve performance.

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

4561 - 4580 of 4603 Posts