Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
4541 - 4560 of 4603 Posts

· Registered
4,578 Posts
Saturday, 12-17-22, took Pearl for a drive from St. Pete to Brooksville to attend a wedding.

Decided to run an MPG "experiment".

Running around town, I get roughly (with mods in the signature line) 7.5 to 8.8 running around St. Pete with 10 to 12 of total Interstate driving per day along with 4 miles of city stop light driving. Some days I "might" have bursts going from 78 to 120s on a stretch early in the morning. Weeks I do that push me to the 7.5 and weeks I don't, I see that upper 8 range.

Since I was going up I decided to drive Pearl at 78-82 and "maybe" only keep the burst to a level where I'm not attracting FHP that patrol the Suncoast parkway. So doing that and having 3 bursts, my MPG was 14.568.

Coming home from the wedding and the 1 hour and 25 minute estimated drive I made a promise to myself to stay out of the boost and cruised at 69. My fuel MPG went up to 18.8.

So now I know I can do St. Pete to Miami and "make it" if I do that....it just won't be as much fun.

It might sound weird, but when I'm cruising at the 82, I feel like I'm a Mako shark. Just cruising along confident that I can take on pretty much any prey on the highway looking to play.

· Registered
56 Posts
Saturday, 12-17-22, took Pearl for a drive from St. Pete to Brooksville to attend a wedding.

Decided to run an MPG "experiment".

Running around town, I get roughly (with mods in the signature line) 7.5 to 8.8 running around St. Pete with 10 to 12 of total Interstate driving per day along with 4 miles of city stop light driving. Some days I "might" have bursts going from 78 to 120s on a stretch early in the morning. Weeks I do that push me to the 7.5 and weeks I don't, I see that upper 8 range.

Since I was going up I decided to drive Pearl at 78-82 and "maybe" only keep the burst to a level where I'm not attracting FHP that patrol the Suncoast parkway. So doing that and having 3 bursts, my MPG was 14.568.

Coming home from the wedding and the 1 hour and 25 minute estimated drive I made a promise to myself to stay out of the boost and cruised at 69. My fuel MPG went up to 18.8.

So now I know I can do St. Pete to Miami and "make it" if I do that....it just won't be as much fun.

It might sound weird, but when I'm cruising at the 82, I feel like I'm a Mako shark. Just cruising along confident that I can take on pretty much any prey on the highway looking to play.
Thanks for sharing the data.

In contemplating the purchase of my CTS-V at no point did I even think about fuel mileage. Prior to embarking on the drive from PA to GA after I bought the car, the seller did mention to me to make sure I get gas off his highway exit as there aren't going to be many more options. Glad I followed that advice as there weren't any other options for a long time and that was the point where I started to do the math on our gas mileage. Candidly, it sucks. I still absolutely love this car and gas mileage will certainly not change that opinion but at least I know that it's going to drink fuel on the long road trips. I'm sure we all could do more to try to get better fuel efficiency, however to borrow a term someone else referenced on here, that would cut into our "smiles per gallon".

· Registered
'14 Coupe
546 Posts
Getting gas every 150-170 miles works out great on long trips, since one usually needs to take a piss around 1.5-2hr mark (y)
Only hard part is if you trying to stay on E, since 93 is so much less fun. I have like most of E stations from TX to GA mapped/saved on my gasbuddy app, lol.

· Registered
4,578 Posts
Getting gas every 150-170 miles works out great on long trips, since one usually needs to take a piss around 1.5-2hr mark (y)
Only hard part is if you trying to stay on E, since 93 is so much less fun. I have like most of E stations from TX to GA mapped/saved on my gasbuddy app, lol.

I don't have that bladder size....4 to 6 hours. Trained aboard USS Omaha while standing midwatch as Helmsman-Planesman-COW-DO. IF you needed piss breaks that frequently....well lets say you weren't given preferential duty later.

@midnight02 find out what your "E" level is. When I'm at E, I have 3 more gallons.

· Registered
'14 Coupe
546 Posts
I don't have that bladder size....4 to 6 hours. Trained aboard USS Omaha while standing midwatch as Helmsman-Planesman-COW-DO. IF you needed piss breaks that frequently....well lets say you weren't given preferential duty later.

@midnight02 find out what your "E" level is. When I'm at E, I have 3 more gallons.
I should've added that I chug energy drinks and/or coffee on long trips, lol. obviously I don't got to go every 2 hours during regular times. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
1,911 Posts

· Registered
4,578 Posts
I don't want to find out the hard way!
Totally get that. I get the pucker factor before touching it. But when touching it, mine takes 15ish gallons to fill up.

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Drove her to work for the first time since Thanksgiving.

I FUCKING LOVE MY FLAT BOTTOM STEERING WHEEL!!!

Every time I drive her it feels so much better than the stock wheel.

Speedometer Vehicle Car Wheel Tachometer

· Registered
4,578 Posts

View attachment 163644
That looks good.

Who did it?

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Vladi @ Streetdrivenperformance.net But I contacted him through Facebook on his CTS-V vs the Universe page.

Not a big Carbon guy so I wanted all leather and couldn't be happier. Like a pig in shit!

· Registered
56 Posts

View attachment 163644
That picture is loaded with inspirational fun goodies -- the sweet new flat bottom leather wheel, the paddle shifter setup and the Llyod's mats. I'm rocking the Weathertech mats with the V logos on them -- they are wonderfully practical given that I'm toting kids back and forth to sporting events, but they don't look nearly as cool as the plush mats!

· Registered
1,911 Posts
That picture is loaded with inspirational fun goodies -- the sweet new flat bottom leather wheel, the paddle shifter setup and the Llyod's mats. I'm rocking the Weathertech mats with the V logos on them -- they are wonderfully practical given that I'm toting kids back and forth to sporting events, but they don't look nearly as cool as the plush mats!
The mats are the Lloyd Ultimats. The paddles are actually for a VW Golf that I grafted to the stock buttons and cost about $17 from ebay.

What you barely see under the steering wheel on the left is my HP Tuners MPVI2+ hanging there.

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

· Registered
56 Posts
WeatherTech V LOGOS???

We need PITCHAS!!!!
So, I'm going to need to apologize for the poor photo quality and the fact they're ridiculously dirty. The weather has been rough around here and I haven't had the time to clean it up the way I would like. Found the V logos on DrewsDecals. Perfect fit -- just pull the WeatherTech logos off and pop these on.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tread
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wheel

· Registered
56 Posts
I’ll be damned those look nice.
I thought you saying that WeatherTec supplied the logos(!)
Never heard the decal place but I’m jotting it down
The decals are high quality -- same material used for the Airaid CAI emblems. I'm not a big fan of the yellow Airaid emblem or the color in general (of course that would be the caliper cover for the car I ended up buying but I digress) so I picked up a V logo for that as well. Turned out pretty good and just one subtle point of customization I could get some instant gratification on.

4541 - 4560 of 4603 Posts