Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
4341 - 4360 of 4370 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
324 Posts
Nice valve covers! My -B15 came stock with an awesome orange high profile set. Unfortunately stock with 3/8" adaptors, would prefer the AN10 such as yours. I haven't ran the engine at boost long enough to tell if the increased baffle hight helps reduce oil in the can yet? Hopefully I won't blow any seals. ;)

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,357 Posts
I ended up buying some JEGS 10an baffled valve cover fittings and some cool 1" valve cover spacers from PRW. I was going to pull the trigger on the Motion covers, but they said no shaft rocker clearance. 😢

·
Registered
37 Posts
looks good. Are those Extreme Contact sports? Do you have a link for the spacers and studs?
DWS! The all seasons version. Replaced the Pilot Sport A/S 3 with them, because the Michelins turned out to not be able to handle the limited snow that Vancouver gets. Then the A/S 3+ came out to solve that particular issue, but too late for me :-(

Originally I was going to source the spacers from Australia, as the Holden VF Commodores are essentially the same car. Ended up having them made by Motorsport-Tech.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The other day I got done replacing front upper control arms, lower ball joints, and outer tie rod ends. To anyone with the "my front end squeaks when it's cold and I just replaced all the anti-roll bar links and bushings" problem, you may still have this lurking. They looked "fine" from the outside, but once they were removed the inner sleeves easily popped out.
Household hardware Gas Auto part Wood Metal

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Changed the oil and drained the catch can.

Looked good. No sheen!

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
236 Posts
I installed my Goodridge SS lines, DOT 5.1 fluid, blank rotors, pads, and track wheels for my track day this weekend. My desert truck is in the garage while I cage it, so I had to do all this in the driveway - perfect timing with it being 90* outside.

The rear passenger lines were the most difficult to install, but still not too bad. For anyone buying the Goodridge SS kit, you will receive 4 straight adapters. You will use the ones with the notches, which indicate that they are metric threads.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle brake

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V Black Raven Carbon Package, 2017 Escalade ESV
56 Posts
Got her a tank of fuel. Then reflashed her with some tweaks. She seemed happy. Especially in the 62* ambient

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
237 Posts
I installed my Goodridge SS lines, DOT 5.1 fluid, blank rotors, pads, and track wheels for my track day this weekend. My desert truck is in the garage while I cage it, so I had to do all this in the driveway - perfect timing with it being 90* outside.

The rear passenger lines were the most difficult to install, but still not too bad. For anyone buying the Goodridge SS kit, you will receive 4 straight adapters. You will use the ones with the notches, which indicate that they are metric threads.

View attachment 158903
Mind me asking what rear bushings you are using the rear subframe, are you happy with them?

I would recommend you get some quick jacks make lifting the car a breeze, and if you still want your jack stands you just install them as normal and lower the QJ's and move them out of the way.

Love my QJ's but they are still no replacement for a 2-4 post lifts but its fast and easy to lift the V's, cars, trucks, & ford fiesta

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mind me asking what rear bushings you are using the rear subframe, are you happy with them?

I would recommend you get some quick jacks make lifting the car a breeze, and if you still want your jack stands you just install them as normal and lower the QJ's and move them out of the way.

Love my QJ's but they are still no replacement for a 2-4 post lifts but its fast and easy to lift the V's, cars, trucks, & ford fiesta
They are Creative Steel in race hardness. The increase in NVH is minimal and the car feels tighter, though it may be a placebo given the effort to install. Getting the stock bushings out is a pain to say the least. It was a solid 6 beer install.

I've been looking at quick jacks for years and may finally get some, though I've gotten pretty good about getting the V in the air. I do dread jacking the V up whenever the time comes.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Pulled the ALM hat and DW300 pumps out to get ready to send them to their new owner; set the new FORE triple pump module in place to calm the fuel vapors. I had stopped by the local hydraulic shop and picked up #8 & #10 caps to provide closure until I get the lines in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
401 Posts
Pulled the ALM hat and DW300 pumps out to get ready to send them to their new owner; set the new FORE triple pump module in place to calm the fuel vapors. I had stopped by the local hydraulic shop and picked up #8 & #10 caps to provide closure until I get the lines in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, I just put DWs in the other day !
Has anyone figured out how to get rid of that high FP spike on start up ?

Also, finally figured out my loss of power, crazy rich AFR and missfire-like symptoms were caused by TR8IXs. 7s and new wires solved the problem.
Gas Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Cable Wire

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
324 Posts
Hey, I just put DWs in the other day !
Has anyone figured out how to get rid of that high FP spike on start up ?

Also, finally figured out my loss of power, crazy rich AFR and missfire-like symptoms were caused by TR8IXs. 7s and new wires solved the problem.
View attachment 158991
Is the spike in pressure at key-on prior to engine starting?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not exactly today, but in April: replaced front struts, upper control arms, sway bar end links, inner & outer tie rods, and 4 wheel alignment. Also did some preventative maintenance on the sunroof drains since several topics popped up about that recently.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
4341 - 4360 of 4370 Posts