Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
3961 - 3980 of 4012 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Stopped at my usual station, filled up and now have a No Crank condition.

Hey, at least it’s Friday, it’s not raining, and only two miles from the house (and shop)
As soon as my daughter gets here, things should start looking up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Such terrible feeling, a quality car when they go tits up...and Honda shit box goes rolling by.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
Like, Ik,r?

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Skyview
610 Posts
I would say either get a steel bolt and WD40 at least, or a thread chaser and run it in there a bunch. Unless someome before goofed it up. Maybe you could shine a light in there and see.
I just might do that. (y) What was weird when I did that last year was it started threading in there, but I remember on the second time it started threading it, when I barely put any pressure, it immediately started stripping those threads. 🤷🏼

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Got it home, on the lift shortly.
DIC was reading 12.5V before jumping, so….
Either there is something loose… cable, ground, signal wire OR starter bolts, or the safety (clutch) switch is going bad OR the recent reman starter is flaking.

I recently replaced the batt and starter preemptively so that I or my daughter would NOT have this issue.

Hope you get things worked out. Not a good feeling. Oh, and you let your daughter drive your V? Brave man!

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
Hope you get things worked out. Not a good feeling. Oh, and you let your daughter drive your V? Brave man!
I verified all connections and TRIED to access the clutch safety switch~ I’m too old-fat-inflexible to snake under dashboards anymore. I finally (after driving it for a while. harassing a few Challengers/Mustangs/Beemers) got it to duplicate the issue while it was hot and have verified that it’s the ‘new’ starter.
BTW, she’s a 37yo mechanical engineer; she drives it very well, indeed, and she’s inherently more careful (mature) with it than I am.

Side note: in keeping with this thread’s mission: I put the new Lloyd’s Ultra Plush V-logo-ed front mats with the gold stitching in the car! Great stuff!

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I verified all connections and TRIED to access the clutch safety switch~ I’m too old-fat-inflexible to snake under dashboards anymore. I finally (after driving it for a while. harassing a few Challengers/Mustangs/Beemers) got it to duplicate the issue while it was hot and have verified that it’s the ‘new’ starter.
BTW, she’s a 37yo mechanical engineer; she drives it very well, indeed and she’s inherently more careful with it than I am.

Side note: in keeping with this thread’s mission: I put the new Lloyd’s Ultra Plush V logo-ed front matt’s with the gold stitching in the car! Great stuff!
Fair enough MrSurley! Just curious, did you use an OEM replacement starter? or off brand? I’m always hesitant spending the high dollars on oem parts myself

Now lets see those mats!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I had the V flat towed to the house. I finally got to use the tow hook that's been sitting in the trunk for all these years and glad I have it! I don't like to drive her in the winter but the wife's new vehicle has been sitting at GM waiting for a chip since November. Thankfully the splitter did not drag, used a 2 x 6 to raise the front. A big chunk just came off the side wall lol. Also, every snow tire on Discount Tire is on backorder in OEM size for fronts except Pirelli Sotto 3's. Easiest 650 bucks I've dropped in a while.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,800 Posts
Ouch! Glad it worked out for you.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Got the oil changed, and on the way home she hit 70K.

40K of those are mine

The service report said “needs new rear tires”.
No shit. They are more than 5 days old.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Got the oil changed?

You did do it yourself?

No. It’s the time I get someone else’s eyes on it. $60, and they dispose of the oil.
I had her up and ready to change the dif fluid, but the fill bolt was torque down. I asked them to loosen it so I can change it tomorrow. They want $210 for the rear dif change.
It may have to wait until next week as I don’t like to do anything more than wash the car when it’s family time.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Got the oil changed?

You did do it yourself?

I don't do mine either.

I buy the Liqui Molly and longer filter at Napa, take it to Take 5.

There are young car guys there. They love the car and I don't have to fuck with taking oil to recycle.

Military discount...20ish bucks later done.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I’m way too cynical to have someone even touch my car.(Unless forced) My cynicism asked, are they really putting synthetic in there? And what are they gonna fuck up On me? Just me though 🤷🏼

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I’m way too cynical to have someone even touch my car.(Unless forced) My cynicism asked, are they really putting synthetic in there? And what are they gonna fuck up On me? Just me though 🤷🏼
When you buy the Liqui and watch them add, there is no doubt.

The value of your time...whar is it?

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,564 Posts
Researched oil pan baffling upgrades and windage tray options for the new short block.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,564 Posts
My engine builder put a piano hinge gate that lets the oil flow to the pickup but slows it from sloshing away.

Similar to these.

The improved racing baffling is what I found. I think Thompson sells the windage tray. Also the green gasket is recommended.

3961 - 3980 of 4012 Posts