Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
3941 - 3960 of 4012 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Skyview
610 Posts
I have never used this, but this may work if you want to stay legal and not block air flow. I don't put my plate up front.
View attachment 156057
If that’s the one that goes in your tow hook, I tried two, maybe even three of those, and came to the conclusion my tow hook is stripped. I couldn’t get none of them to screw in for nothing! It kept stripping the threads of the bar I was trying to screw in. Luckily amazon is good about returns. There wasn’t a lot of choices of those to buy. If I remember correctly, iJDMToy was the only one I could find that sold them for our cars

Yup!
Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Finished everything up yesterday and pulled Lucille out and ready to cruise today. I think it’s been a couple of months up on stands, but well worth it and I’m super stoked about the splitter, spoiler and new emblems.
Looks great!

Reactions: CTS_Kenny

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I zipped my plate in corner of the passenger side of the lower grille until I got the tow hook mount. Unfortunately, VA requires a front plate. But the mount let me put this cover on it, at least.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Reactions: CTS_Kenny

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
Also in Texas. I refuse to run the front plate just as I have on certain other cars based on appearance. Over the years (since the '70s) I have only been pulled over about it twice. OTOH, my wife ('73 Cutlass) and kids (Mini and the VUE Redline) had many more troubles with this.
It is still the law, it is sometimes enforced and a local cop tells me that at least locally is not treated as 'primary offense' meaning that the city won't pull you over SOLELY on that basis... but the DPS doesn't agree AFAIK.
The bills brought forth to kill the two-plate law have been numerous but never prevail. scroll through the linked list if you are curious to see recent efforts.

A really good list of Texas laws proposed in the State Legislature in 2021 including the pass/fail of each.

·
Administrator
21,977 Posts
I got pulled over in a suburban city for no front plate on my Tbss.

Fucking asshole flipped a u turn on a divided blvd. I saw him look at me when we passed.

I did nothing wrong. Asked why he pulled me over?

He said I have no front plate.

I should have said you have no frontal lobe, but do people harass you for it?

I was shocked.

Anyway, $25 fine. I think I had to add the plate but then removed it.

I’m stubborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Heeeeeey another Va budddy

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Yessir. In the 757. I get to deal with all the military brats and 17.5% APR Mopar guys.

Reactions: WookieNoiz

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Unblock that flow booooy. Lol they run hot need all that cooling u can get with that baby stock heat exchanger

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Ok ok done! I still wanna know why the two license plate mounts stripped on me both times. That seems like the obvious choice, but two times and two strips tells me something is F’d up in there and it ain’t worth trying again. For the record, the second one I lubed up before I inserted it and the fucker still stripped on me. Ugh

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I got pulled over in a suburban city for no front plate on my Tbss.

Fucking asshole flipped a u turn on a divided blvd. I saw him look at me when we passed.

I did nothing wrong. Asked why he pulled me over?

He said I have no front plate.

I should have said you have no frontal lobe, but do people harass you for it?

I was shocked.

Anyway, $25 fine. I think I had to add the plate but then removed it.

I’m stubborn.

I know there’s some good cops out there(not a clue where) but I can’t stand them dirty ass mf’s!! Yes I’m jaded, but still wouldn’t piss on any of them if they were on fire! Plates coming off! Fuck’m

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
Phuque YAH! Down with the MAN! Rise UP My Brotha!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I know there’s some good cops out there(not a clue where) but I can’t stand them dirty ass mf’s!! Yes I’m jaded, but still wouldn’t piss on any of them if they were on fire! Plates coming off! Fuck’m
Just always be careful not to speed where you know cops frequently setup shop, and if you get pulled over knowing you weren't speeding, just be calm and respectful, and tell him you just can't bring yourself to molest such a beautiful car.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Just always be careful not to speed where you know cops frequently setup shop, and if you get pulled over knowing you weren't speeding, just be calm and respectful, and tell him you just can't bring yourself to molest such a beautiful car.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
:ROFLMAO: hahahaha
Redline 360C. I’m good;)

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
Stopped at my usual station, filled up and now have a No Crank condition.

Hey, at least it’s Friday, it’s not raining, and only two miles from the house (and shop)
As soon as my daughter gets here, things should start looking up

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,594 Posts
Got it home, on the lift shortly.
DIC was reading 12.5V before jumping, so….
Either there is something loose… cable, ground, signal wire OR starter bolts, or the safety (clutch) switch is going bad OR the recent reman starter is flaking.

I recently replaced the batt and starter preemptively so that I or my daughter would NOT have this issue.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,056 Posts
Ok ok done! I still wanna know why the two license plate mounts stripped on me both times. That seems like the obvious choice, but two times and two strips tells me something is F’d up in there and it ain’t worth trying again. For the record, the second one I lubed up before I inserted it and the fucker still stripped on me. Ugh
I would say either get a steel bolt and WD40 at least, or a thread chaser and run it in there a bunch. Unless someome before goofed it up. Maybe you could shine a light in there and see.

3941 - 3960 of 4012 Posts